Services Plugins FAQs

One tap plugin does not log the user in?

Hi there, i am testing the Google One Tap plugin and i am wondering how it interfaces with user account & ‘Current user’. It looks like it does sign up / log in the user - right ? (At least : there is nothing added in the user DB)
is there any way to use this plugin and having the user signed into the app ?

Hi, @sylvie.DaisyTech,
Thank you for reaching out.

The Google One-Tap Plugin lets you, first of all, authorize the user’s without using the passwords, only with their Gmail account. Once the user is authorized you can use this in the workflow and display some content of your app or any page.

The Plugin element has one Action - One Tap Action Google One tap - this action is used to request one tap sign-in. You can also change the context to either signing, signup, or use.
context

This action will trigger the plugin event: A Google One Tap User Login - this event can be triggered when the plugin has received a Token ID
After validating the Token using the action: One Tap (testing) - Validate Token - you can set the custom states, show other pages, or save the information about the current user inside your Bubble database as you can see in the below image.

Hope the above information will be useful for you.
In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Have a great weekend ahead.
Regards,

Hi Igor,
Thanks for you answer, but it does not really solve the problem.
I would like the type to be User (which has specific attributes) not user_records (which is not a user type)
A user_record is not signed in, a user is.
Your proposal is not resulting in the user being signed in.
Regards,
Sylvie

Hi @sylvie.DaisyTech,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

Would it be convenient for you to share screenshots of your setup, plugin element, and workflow? This will help us reproduce your use case on our side and look for a workaround.

Thank you and looking forward to your reply. :pray:
All the best,

Hi Igor,

See attached requested pictures.

I did try to put some signup/loginin WF behind but could not figure out to make it work.
Thanks for your help !

Hi @sylvie.DaisyTech,
Thank you for your reply.

I’ve carefully checked your setup and tried to reproduce it on my side, basically what I did was I’ve used two plugin elements and two buttons (Google One Tap with their context set to signin and signup) for each button (login and signup) I did use One Tap Action Google One tap - this action is used to request one tap signing or signup.

After receiving a Token ID and the Token is being validated and the custom states are set, at the end, I used the built-in Bubble events:
Log the user in for existing users and Sign the user up for new users.

Please see the screenshots below:

Summary

For reference, you can also check the test page and try to create a similar setup and let me know if that will work for your use case, please find the link below:
Zeroqode-demo-16 | Bubble Editor

I hope the above will be useful for you.
In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I’ll be glad to help.
Best regards, :slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer Igor.

I guess that with such a solution the use of “Request “one tap” on page load” cannot work as we ask the user to specify the context (login or signup) or do i miss something ?

Regards

Hi @sylvie.DaisyTech,
Thank you for your reply.

I guess it is possible as you do with the classic login form, switching between login and sign up.
On page-load display a pop-up with Button Login With Google (with a text below SignUp), once the text SignUp is clicked hide the Login Button and show the SignUp button which will trigger the proper context.

There are many ways to plan the architecture of your Bubble app. It is really a matter of choice how to design and build the logic.
Feel free to reach us in case there will be any other plugin-related questions.

Have a great weekend ahead. :slight_smile:
Regards,