Services Plugins FAQs

OneSignal Push Prompt Trigger Issues with Air Native Plugin

I’ve been having an issue with OneSignal push prompts in my Bubble app wrapped with the Air Native plugin. Initially, the push prompt would pop up every time the app opened and at random times, so I removed the triggers in the “Push Permission Prompt” message in OneSignal.

Now, when I try to run the “OneSignal - Show Push Prompt AirNative A” action via the Air Native plugin, nothing happens.

I’m looking to set it up so that the push permission prompt only appears when this action is specifically triggered and doesn’t show up at any other time, especially NOT when the app is first opened.

Does anyone have any insights or solutions on how to correctly configure this?

Hello @cohereandnow,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please ensure that the device you are using is not already registered on the OneSignal Console.

If the device has previously granted permission, invoking “OneSignal - Show Push Prompt AirNative A” will not trigger the push notification prompt again, as it only applies to unsubscribed devices.

A straightforward method to verify this is by reinstalling the app and initiating the action again. Subsequently, you can review the status on the OneSignal Dashboard.

Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best regards,