Services Plugins FAQs

Page to PDF Converter Plugin - Page Break on Repeating Groups

Hi @zeroqode2 Team,

I just noticed this update on your PDF Converter plugin.

Can you please explain how to do page breaks for repeating groups?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, @jordan2. Thank you for your question.

It is pretty easy. Please see:

1. place the plugin element on the page, and make sure “file uploads” = yes
  2. assign an ID to your repeating group;
  3. assign an ID to the group inside this repeating group (that has the content you want display on separate pages after conversion);
  4. use any element to trigger the “on-click” event
  5. attach the “Generate pdf from HTML server-side ConvertertoPDFv2.0 A” action to the event from the previous step, and:
  • choose the “Convert target” = single element;
  • insert the repeating group’s ID into the “ID” field and the group’s ID into the “Pagebreak ID” field - Screenshot by Lightshot

*If you want to send the resulting file URL via email or do some operations with the resulting PDF file later, make sure the Upload File to AWS checkbox is activated.

Here is a video. On this example I show how to convert a repeating group to PDF and send it via email:

Please try the suggested and let me know how it goes.
Hope it helps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you Kate! Will do, & will let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Thank you so much @kate - this was extremely helpful!

One remaining question: I am trying to generate a PDF document that has a repeating group with dozens of small rows…

I don’t need a pagebreak between each cell; only between cells like this, that are chopped in half.

Any way to accomplish that?

@jordan2,

You are always welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

No, unfortunately, for this use case can’t be accomplished with the plugin. There are only 2 solutions: brake the document to pages on the each cell, or let the plugin brake the repeating group content to pages, oriented on the page size (which leads to chopping cells like on your example).

You can actually try playing with the header/footer values of the generate PDF action to make the plugin “push” the cell content to another page for preventing it from cutting on the undesired place. But it is not a 100% workaround, I’m afraid.

Please feel free reaching out if you need any help.
:pray:

Sadly the workaround of adding pixels to the footer won’t work because it’s not a dynamic field.

If it were a dynamic field, we could put and input field on the page so that the user could play around with the pixels to add to the footer to make it work.

Hi @emile.elie,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply over the weekend.

We would appreciate your elaborating on your question and providing more details. Please add screenshots of your setup, workflow, the actual result, and the expected output.

This information will help me check with the team and get back to you with a workaround.
Thank you and I am looking forward to your reply.
Regards, :pray:

I was reacting on this workaround. It would work only if you have 2 pages, because I think if you have 3 pages, you won’t be able to adjust the footer and header accordingly per each page.
And I was thinking before creating the PDF, we could have an input field for the User, so they can change the size of the footer/header to play with. Because in the workaround proposed, you can only change this value as an editor, so a User won’t be able to do this workaround.

Hi @emile.elie,
Thank you for your clarifications.

Currently, these fields accept only static values. Even in other default Bubble elements, the padding can’t be set dynamically.

If you want to get several pages of equal size and format, you need to lease the content of your page into separate groups and indicate these group IDs in the Pagebreak IDs field. For more details, please check the demo page setup (Example of a Popup with 5 pages): zeroqode-demo-01 | Bubble Editor

Hope it helps, for additional information, please check the plugin documentation.
Let me know if that works for you.

Regards, :slight_smile: