Services Plugins FAQs

Page to PDF Plugin - Page Length

Hi Forum,

Yesterday I got the Page to PDF plugin, it worked fine and 1 page was 2200px. When setting up my report (26 pages) knowing such numbers is quite important to set up the structure as this will be a page with a lot of dynamic and conditional texts.

But just now I loaded the page again and now a page is 2352px on the first and then a bit more on the third, etc.

What is the page lenght (in pixels) or can I somehow set a fixxed cutoff point to create a new page?

Feike

Hi @feikeleemkuil,

Thank you for reaching out.

I’ve tried to recreate your use case, but the issue you have reported is not reproducing on our side. The page breaker functionality may work differently for different use cases, it depends on your settings, elements placement, etc. So, will it be convenient for you to share access to your app so I can take a look?

For this please add our support@zeroqode.com email as a collaborator of your app (disregard the warning, our email can be added to the collaborator list even if your app is on the Free plan). And please let us know the page where you are using the plugin.

This will help us investigate your case.

Have a nice Friday!

Best,
Gulce

Sorry late reply.

I’ve added support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator. It is happening on the “Bouwkundig Rapport” page. Yesterday everything was working fine again, see below

This morning I tried working on it again and I saw this:

Hope this can be resolved.

Feike

Also, the report is viewed and downloaded on mobile. Forgot to mention.

Hi @feike,
Thank you for providing access. :pray:t2:

Please let me check your application with the developer team. As soon as the investigation is done, I’ll get back to you.

Best,
Gulce

I got back to this problem again, I noticed there was an update on this but I couldn’t get the page break IDs to work it shows a failure when you then generate the PDF, see below.

Hello @feike,
I’m really sorry for the inconvenience. :pray:t2:

First of all, I would like to inform you that we are still working on page break functionality. The page-breaking functionality is still quite sensitive to the object size (in px) that you want to convert to PDF. It works, in general, but needs some sort of playing around and adjusting your page content. For example, on your page, you are using “Footer Groups” as a page breaker. However, I’m afraid it’s not correct. You need to create a group with the all content you want to display on each page and specify it in the pagebreak id field. Also, you can use “Paddings” to add free space between the page breaking points.

As for this error, I will take a look at your app and create a separate page again for testing purposes. I will get back to you with feedback as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.

Best,
Gulce

Thanks for the help! It’ll be a big report with hide/show elements so making the page break work would be perfect for my use case.

Thanks for the help and let me know if I need to edit any settings for your accessibility.

1 Like

Thank you! @feike,

I’ve checked your app and here is the result:

The error message appears due to the group IDs that you indicated in the Page Break ID field. Please use simpler IDs for groups without any space. How:

I’ve created a test page and it’s working properly. Please take a look at my test page (zq_test) and let me know how it’s going.

Also, I’m currently checking possible scenarios for the page break functionality, please give me some time as our dev team is working on it as well. I’m afraid there is no 100% guarantee that it will be working perfectly on your page. But worth trying.

In the meantime, please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Thanks for this! I will play around with this in the weekend to make it work. I’ll keep an eye out for updates on this. Thanks for the help Gulce! Appreciate it. Have a good weekend!

Hi @feike,

I’m sorry for bringing bad news but I’m afraid the only thing I can suggest to you is that redesign your page in order to work with the page breaker. Unfortunately at the moment, the plugin cannot adjust the resulting PDF page’s parameters to those you have in your app ideally. We have a lot of users who succeeded in adjusting their page design to the plugin so it just requires some time and skills.

As I mentioned in my previous message, we are working on page breaker functionality and doing our best to find the most workable and convenient solution for it. But, in order not to mislead you, I’m unable to provide you with an approximate time estimate. As soon as I have an update regarding this feature, you will be notified.

Apologies for not being able to help with this. Hope for your understanding. :pray:t2:

In case I can try to help you with anything else, please contact me. I will be glad to assist you.

Best,
Gulce