Services Plugins FAQs

PDF Converter is not correctly generating the S3 URL

I am using the PDF Converter plugin to convert a page and save it to S3. The files are being sucessfully generated and placed in S3 as you can see here:

However, when I try to get the URL of the generated PDF I always get a blank URL. Here is how I have the Convert PDF Action configured:

To test this I have set up a workflow that sets a Text state to the generated URL once the upload to S3 is finished as follows:

If I debug this, as you can se below the URL is empty and I get a couple of errors as shown:

Any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks,
Mariano

Hello, Mariano!

Thank you for contacting us.

I’m going to pass this information on to our developers. We will investigate this issue, thank you so much for reporting :pray:

Meanwhile, please try to use the new action of the plugin, it’s tested and works well:

Kindly try out my suggestion and let me know how did it go.

Best regards.

Hey, @malife!

Thank you for your patience :pray:

From your screenshots I can tell, that you are using the old version of the plugin, that still had the “Output file URL’s URL” state, which now is removed. Instead of that one kindly use the “Output file URL” state in the setup.

In order for this state to work, kindly make sure, that, first of all, you are using a new action of the plugin “Generate pdf from html server side ConvertortoPDFv2.0 A”, and, second, you are ticking the checkboxes as it is shown in the screenshot:

Because, for the plugin’s state to fulfill its function, you need to upload the file first to your database (it will be saved in the file manager), therefore it can return the converted file’s URL.

I hope you find it helpful, please, let me know if you’ll need any other clarification.

Best regards.