Services Plugins FAQs

PDF Plugin -- File Format Change post v1.77.0 to is causing issues

It looks like the file format has changed from application/pdf to application/octet-stream after version 1.77.0 Which downloads as an unsupported file rather than opening in the browser window from s3.amazonaws.com/appforest… I have to keep reverting back to version 1.77.0. Was this change in format by design? If so, how can I get it to open in the user’s browser?

Thank you.
Dan

1 Like

Hi @dan6,
Thanks for reaching out!

We’re currently working on this issue. We will make the necessary update to change the file format back to PDF, and we will keep you informed about the progress.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Gulce

1 Like

Thank you Gulce.

I appreciate the update and the prompt response.

I’ll keep an eye out for the update.
Dan

1 Like

Hi,

I was going to report the same problem here, apparently they are already working on it, I’ll be waiting.

I can take the opportunity to make a post here without opening a new topic, I am using this plugin for a short time but I see that it has a great potential, very good indeed. I posted a comment recently on the plugin’s page and I will replicate it here:

Is there any possibility that the plugin can generate the file through an internal/external page through a url in Backend Workflows, and through an action receive the URL of the file upload?

One more remark comes with this, at the moment it is only possible to get the URL from events, wouldn’t it be possible to get it through an action?

Hi @dan6,

We’ve updated the plugin and changed the file type. Kindly ask you to upgrade your plugin to the latest version (1.83.0.) and give it a try.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best regards,
Gulce

2 Likes

Hi @SenioFerreira,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible. The plugin’s actions can only be triggered when the page with the plugin is open. The Bubble Page to PDF plugin works like a “screenshot maker” - it needs to “see” the content it’s going to convert to PDF. As a result, the page needs to be loaded before it can be converted to PDF. Apologies for the inconvenience. :pray:

For us to better understand can you please elaborate on your question? Thank you!

Best regards,
Gulce

Hello Gulce,

I’ve just updated to the new version and tested in all of my environments – all looks / works great!

Many thanks!
Dan

1 Like