Services Plugins FAQs

Phone Number Input Plugin bug in Correctness state

Hi there
I just subscribed for the Phone Number Input with Formatting Plugin and it’s been pretty usefull for me, but I think I found a bug in correctness state variable.
The use case is: when I delete all the digits at once the Correctness property keeps in “yes” and the Value property keeps “not empty”. I recorded a small video explaining the situation:

Another small issue is with the positioning of the drop down menu of country codes, when it pops up, it keeps below the other components of the page, as you can see in the print:

Hi @esmlima,
Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the experience you have faced.

I tried to reproduce your setup on my side and unfortunately couldn’t get the dropdown to look this way, both for the new and old responsive engine the dropdown was showing in front of other items.
Can you please share more details about your setup in order to fix the mentioned issue?

I’ve passed it to the developer team for investigation. Once any news will become available, I will let you know. Even if you delete all the digits, the phone input saves the last valid phone number, and if you submit a form and make changes to a field from your database it will write the last phone number that was inserted, also to avoid any wrong number you can add condition only when value is not empty and Correctness is “yes”. See the screenshots below:

Summary

Hope the above will be useful to you.
Looking forward to your reply. :pray:
Regards,

Hi Igor, thanks for your quick response.
I just made my app public, so you can view my settings:
Meutreino4 | Bubble Editor

It’s exaclty what is happening, but I think it should not “save last valid phone number” as the user has deleted it… It’s the same behaviour I have posted in my video.

BTW, another really cool feature would be the plugin return the formated phone number with parenthesis and hyphens to elegantly display it to the end user. If you plan to add this would be great :wink:

Hi @esmlima,
Thank you for your reply. :pray:

We have updated the plugin with the new Version: 1.34.0: Fixed correctness and value state.
It should fix the issue you have reported with the correctness state as well as the positioning of the drop-down menu of country codes.
Please change the plugin version in your app to the latest one and let me know if it worked.

states values
completely delete the value auto resets the states

Unfortunately, this is not possible, because the value is saved in the database and it will cause errors when using that value with parenthesis and hyphens inside your app.
Thank you for understanding. :pray:

In case I can help you with any additional information - let me know.
Best regards,

Hi @Igor
Thanks a lot for your quick response and support, everything working perfectly now! :pray:
I was so impressed by your speed that I just left a review for the plugin :wink:

I was wondering having an additional field with this formatted value. In my use case today I’m removing the “+” sign to record the numerical value in the database (I need to remove this sign to send quick messages via Whatsapp) and I’m also saving another field with the value formatted in a text field for display purposes only. But it’s not a big deal, I’ve managed to solve everything here by myself.

Thanks again for the quick suport!

1 Like

Hi @esmlima,
Thank you a lot for your reply.

I’m glad that you found a workaround, we always try to ensure the highest quality for our products and to resolve any issues most quickly.
The more honest reviews we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins! :slight_smile:

In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to help :pray:
Best regards,

Hi @Igor, I see you released a new version (1.35) of this plugin. Is there a place where you explain in details what has changed?

Hello @esmlima,
Thank you for your message.

There was just a minor fix for the plugin element itself, the description text Preferred Countries has been moved above the insert field.

If I can help you with any additional information - let me know. :pray:
Take care.