Services Plugins FAQs

Plugin: Device Compass Plugin for Bubble

@rio you’re welcome :wink:

If any questions appears, you know where to find us :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,

I have been testing the compass with extended use.
I think it gets 90 degree clock-wised on Android device once in a while.
I am not very sure about how to reproduce the issue, but turning the device screen off might reproduce.
When this issue occurs, it is very persistent even when the page is reloaded to refresh.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x3N_XtbeuaqOn28VArNEBSSL5LQ6yzY7/view?usp=sharing

Would you take a look into this to find the solution?
https://maybe.world/version-test/compass

Thanks in advance.

Hi @rio, thanks for your message.
Let us check this moment internally and see what might be the reason for the appeared issue.
Once any news will appear, I will let you know.

Thank you for understanding

Regards,

We’ve made a separate page “zeroqode_test” were added the correct request permission, so the plugin is working as it should, please use it for reference.
Kindly note that a possible influence on the plugin element display can have the custom JS code in HTML elements, which drops errors and the probability that the plugin element has been copied from our demo editor page.

Please let me know if there are any other questions about our plugin that I can help with.

Regards,

Thanks @Serg ! I have removed all the script and tested the page.
I still see the same issue. Please check the below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b_RkpuZVZkCHeo5it6DbTdfcvw6v2Fj5/view?usp=sharing

I also tested your page with iOS. It seems the compass is upside down.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13HMx19CG0Tm9VEc9zusyBm_azxoP1G7W/view?usp=sharing

btw, you have placed two Compass in the page. Is the second one needed?

Hi @rio, thanks for your reply.

Let us check this moment once again. Once any news will become available, I will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Is this the reason I am facing the issue? Identical behavior in here.

@rio,

We have made a new plugin version (1.6.0) please check it on your side and tell us if the issue is fixed now.

Hope it helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Serg

Really happy to see the ID field and feature for rotating groups! Works like a charm and will be a part of a big app release medio July.

If, that is. We can get the permissions to work with apps wrapped in BDK. As of now tests in Testflight app does not work.

Do you have ideas or a fix to get the permissions in this case?

Seems like a good thing for others building native apps as well.

Hi @siticum,
Thanks for reaching out!

I’m sorry to bring quite sad news but, unfortunately, this plugin is not compatible with native apps. Apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. :pray:

If I can try to help you with anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,
Gulce

Thanks for your reply

Darn it. Okay, so only working in the PWA version for now. Any chance you can work on a native solution?

What would that require technically? I could ask Gaurav at the BDK if its something he can do. Using the bearing is kind of a need-to-have in many native cases.

Also…

Thanks a LOT for adding the feature for rotating a group ID.

Any chance you can add this as well:

1. Currently it only rotates the first group with the ID, not all groups with the ID.

2. Add an input field with a variable for offsetting the bearing. Useful fore cases where the compass points toward specific location relative to 0deg.

To see our case, go to www.roamio.online/app - on a mobile browser

Hi @siticum,
Apologies for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

Unfortunately, it does not support the methods used in the plugin. I will need to consult with our team to gather more information on this matter. Once I have received further insights, I will provide you with an update. Thank you for your understanding.

In this case, you can set different IDs to the elements and add as many compass elements as it needs, so if you have 10 groups, you would use 10 compasses.

Anyway, I"ll pass it to the developer team for consideration and they need to investigate how feasible it is to implement specifying a list of Ids. Once I have any news, I will let you know.

For us to better understand, could you please clarify your request? You would like to have the opportunity to change where is the North, or you meant something else? Please share more details. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you!

Best regards,
Gulce

Hello @siticum,

I would like to inform you that we updated the plugin and added the ability to specify several IDs in the Rotary element ID field. Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (1.14.0.) and give it a try!

Best regards,
Gulce

1 Like

Hi @Gulce

Many thanks! Just tested the updated version and works well with multiple ids.

Below an example of a compass and pointer in separate groups with different IDs. Again, the rotate group works great as well, letting users make pixel perfect dynamic content.

1 Like

Hi @Gulce - No problem and thanks.

Native functionality
Really happy to know you are looking into the native / BDK part! Looking forward to see what you find. You’ll be the only one making a compass bearing plug-in that works with all the wrapped apps.

Offsetting
Let me elaborate. It’s really simple.

The usecase is to have a group point toward a location relative to you (and north).

Calculus wise it would be Compass Bearing + X (input with dynamic value) just adding a groups with comma separated offset degree values.

Example:

Having a compass and a pointer. The compass pointing north, and the pointer, pointing towards a destination point.

It can be done by calculating the angle from the current position relative to the destination, then adding the angle to the compass bearing. (Offsetting it).

See gif of our usecase here. The small black pointer should not be north, but about 15 degrees CCW relative to north (bearing + offset angle). *the map is showing north up.

See the usecase live at: www.Roamio.online/app

Hi @siticum,

After consulting with our Native Team, the problem lies in the fact that Safari does not support the specific methods used in the plugin. Unfortunately, since our apps are converted web apps/webviews, this means that the plugin will not function properly on the apps converted with Air Native service. Apologies for any inconvenience but I’m afraid we can’t do much in this regard. Hope for your understanding. :pray:

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

I’ve added your suggestion to our plugin backlog improvements list. Our team will investigate the feasibility of implementing this feature in one of our upcoming plugin updates.

As much as we would like to provide an estimated time frame, I must inform you that this particular feature request is currently of low priority. As a result, we are unable to give you an approximate time estimate for its implementation. However, rest assured that we will keep you informed once we have any news.

Let me know if I can try to help you with anything else.

Best regards,
Gulce

1 Like