Services Plugins FAQs

Plugin: Device Compass Plugin for Bubble

Is this plugin still healthy?
Live demo seems not working.

Thank you.

Hi @rio, thanks for the question.

Please open it on a mobile device because the compass plugin uses its built-in magnetic compass to read and display via animated compass heading in real-time.

Drop a message if you have any other plugin-related questions that I can help with :wink:.

Regards,

1 Like

Nice!
It works great for both Android and iOS.

I have a feature request regarding how iOS browser is handled.
When this plugin detects iOS browser, it shows built-in button so that user can activate the compass. I wonder if you can let us decide the button style and the text in it. My app is made for Japanese. At least I need to tell my users to tap on the button in Japanese.

Thank you.

Regretfully, appeared button relates to the used iOS browser/device functionality, and can’t be influenced or changed from the plugin side :pensive:.

Regards,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I found two issues:

1. iOS compass is oriented 45 degrees counterclockwise. (Otherwise, iOS is correct and Android is 45 degree clockwised.)

2. Conditional setting of compass image is not working.

Would you please test these settings?

Hi @rio, thanks for your reply.

Would it be convenient for you to add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app? That will allow us to check what’s wrong with your setup and test it out in our workspace.

Enter your Bubble editor page → Settings → “Collaboration” tab → Invite a user (email).

(Note: disregard the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.)

I will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.
In case it is ok for you, please let me know.

Regards,

Thanks for checking it out!
Please look into the page “g7”.

Thanks.

Noted, thank you for providing access. Once any results will become available, I will let you know asap :pray:.

Regards,

Hi @rio, thanks for your patience.

The initial load of the page retrieves data from the device’s magnetic compass that might be slightly different one from each other (each device has its own hardware that can identify poles (N,E,S,W) with different precision).
You can get quite the same use case with the same compass app on two devices in one place (will show directions with a slight difference).

On the second load of the page, it might get directions more precisely and corrects the initial coordinates.

The developer team is studying this issue, once any results will become available, I will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi @Serg ,

Thanks for updating your progress.
I have been playing around your plugin last few days with my friends.

We noticed it’s quite difficult to enable “motion/ orientation sensor” for iOS. The small blue button “Request orientation permission” is very hard to click since it goes behind an element. Or maybe the button is not responding to the user’s reaction. As a result, iPhone users are more likely to fail to use your plugin.

Could you make the button above the all elements? Otherwise, could you make the button accessible and reactive to users? We also need the message customizable for non-english speakers.

Thanks!

Hi @rio, thanks for your reply.

Regretfully, this button is unrelated to our plugin because this button is generated by the used browser\device at the moment when the plugin tries to get access to the mobile device’s hardware for getting coordinates.

Drop a message if there is anything else that I can help with about our plugin.

Regards,

Is it? These sites have its own “button” to ensure user reaction so that the IOS pops up their modal.

https://elegant-dryosaurus.glitch.me/

Here is the topic talking about the same issue.

Yes, your plugin always show the “Request orientation permission” right , but the issue still remains if it’s not touchable. Compass is necessary for PokemonGo-like apps.

Thank you.

Hi @rio, thanks for the additional links provided :pray:.

The developer team will do additional research to find out what could be done in order to change the button. Once any results will become available, I will let you know asap.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @rio, thanks for your patience.

We have pushed a plugin update, that has added the action “requestOrientationPermissionForIOS” (allowing binding a request to any workflow) and added the possibility to change compass image dynamically.

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.5.0: Added action to request device orientation permission) and give it a try.

Please let me know if there will be anything else about our plugin that I can help with.

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks zeroqode team for making it work like a charm.

Hi @rio, thanks for your appreciation :hugs:

If you like our plugin, we would be grateful if you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and it gives it as many stars as it deserves

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Regards,

Hi @Serg ,

Conditional setting stopped working again.
Would you check the below?

https://maybe.world/version-test/compass

[Editor]

support@zeroqode.com is still in the collaboration list.
Thanks in advance.

Hi @rio,

Thanks for your message. I’ve passed it to the developer team for research. Once any feedback will become available, I will let you know.

Regards,

This setting didn’t work because the plugin element has been copied from the plugin demo page. A solution in your case is to replace the element with your own.

Please note that elements and workflows from the plugin demo page are not compatible with the actions& elements of the plugin installed in your app (because have different versions).
Thus, please use the demo page editor only as setup guidance, without copying anything.

Hope the provided hint helps. Please let me know if there will be any other questions that I can help with.

Regards,

My bad. Thank you for digging into this.

2 Likes