Services Plugins FAQs

Plugin: MapBox bug when increasing element size

Hi

We noticed a small bug on the plugin.

When resizing the element, a grey area is shown once the size is increased. We guess it has something to do with buffering content or a “refresh” of the show areas on the map.

Hello @siticum,

Thanks for the message and our apologies for the late reply over the weekend. :pray:

To clarify, could you confirm if you are referring to this specific line in your app?

In order to understand and address the issue you’re experiencing, could you please create a step-by-step video? The video should show you opening the app, clicking on the button in the corner, and then clicking back on the map. After that, please use the inspect tool to hover over the place where the line is, and check if it is still part of the Mapbox element or if the element has moved to the left and this line remained blank. This will help us to better understand the issue you’re facing.

Additionally, can you please make screenshots of the element’s conditional settings and layout configurations, as well as those of its parent group (if applicable).

These details will help us determine whether this stems from the page settings or if it has something to do with plugin.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding. :raised_hands:
Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stephan

Yes. Its that line. I suspect it has something to do with the map not resize “back to original” or rendering the map content after the resize.

Coming up…

Parent group

Map element:

Dev Tools element hover:

Here is recording of opening the app:

Hello @siticum,

Thanks for providing further details.

Upon reviewing the information you’ve shared, everything appears to be in order. We also tested your browser application on this link and observed the same behavior in the browser version. Interestingly, we noticed that resizing the page slightly causes the map to return to its intended position.

Can you please tell us which plugin version are you using right now and when this started happening, was it suddenly or after a specific change or update in your app?

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Looking forward to your response

Best regards,
Stephan

Hi Stephen,

I have been testing your Google Maps Extender (which still has some way to go, to fulfill our feature requirements), but I reverted back to the MapBox plugin again. Please redo your tests now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Hello @siticum ,

Thanks for your message at providing us with the preview page. :blush:

Upon further examination alongside our development team, we have identified a minor issue within Mapbox plugin, which is likely the cause of the map rendering issue on your page. Our apologies for any inconvenience that may have caused you.

We’ll work to resolve this promptly and I’ll update you as soon as there is any news.

Thanks again for your cooperation and patience. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Hello @siticum,

I hope this message finds you well.

Our development team has reviewed the issue you’re experiencing and would like to request some additional information to assist them more effectively.

Specifically, could you provide a detailed workflow of the actions taken when you click on a marker, we are interested specifically on how the map behind the pop-up adjusts its dimensions. A step-by-step screencast capturing this process, particularly highlighting the values at the crucial moment, would be incredibly valuable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this request may cause and greatly appreciate your cooperation and patience as we work to resolve this matter.

Best regard,
Stephan

Hi @Stephan

Let me try to provide the information. See recorded screencast (the audio is not the best):

Hello @siticum,

Thank you for sharing the video with us.

I’ve received your message earlier today and have forwarded the video to our development team for further investigation. Rest assured, I will get back to you with any updates or feedback from them as soon as possible.

We appreciate your cooperation and patience in this matter. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Hello @siticum,

Hope this message finds you well.

I wanted to inform you about the latest update of Mapbox plugin version 1.119.0., where we fixed the width map which should solve the issue you were experiencing in your app. Additionally, we’ve incorporated several minor enhancements to further optimize performance.

Could you please take a moment to update the plugin in your app and see how the plugin is working now, and give us any feedback on it?

If you have any other questions or need some further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Hi Stephan

Much appreciated!

I have just tested it, and the grey line is gone - It looks like the map’s width is being shrunken, instead of the map element resizing.

In our case this is not a problem, its looks okay as most of the map is hidden behind a popup once resizing. However I would recommend using Cover = fit for the map content instead of rescaling it with the element size.

Example: When resizing the map width, the round markers are now oval.

Otherwise well done and thanks!

Also for the performance improvements. The plugin is still cause a memory overload and refreshes the the app in the Natively Wrapper (WebKit), but we have another post, with Vasile helping us with that.

Cheers

Hello @siticum,

Thank you for sharing your observations and feedback with us.

Upon review, we noticed that indeed, after closing the pop-up, the map does appear to widen slightly in your application. Rest assured, we are investigating this further and will reach out if we require additional information.

Concerning the memory overload you mentioned, our development team is currently examining the matter.

We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we delve into these inquiries. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Hello @siticum,

I hope you’re doing well.

Upon reviewing your concerns with our development team, we have not identified any issues related to the height or width of the map on our end. We have prepared a test page for your reference here:zeroqode-demo-08 | Bubble Editor

Could you kindly revisit the settings of your map element and its parent group, and share those details with us? This will help us gain a better understanding of the situation.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan