Services Plugins FAQs

Plugins "Gmail - Small Business" and "Outlook" doesn't work

Hi,

These two plugins from zeroqode keep disconnecting a few hours after the user log in via Oauth. They don’t refresh the login tokens or allow us to do that. Is there any way to fix this?

e.g. the user connects his account to send emails and use the calendar, a few hours later, the app will display an authentication error, and the user will have to log into these services again. This is not viable.

Hello @charleslcts,

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

We will consult with our developers to determine whether this issue is related to how the plugin is set up or if it originates from Google/Microsoft’s end. Rest assured, we will keep you updated as soon as we have any information regarding this matter.

Your patience and understanding are greatly valued.

Cheers :hugs:

Hey @charleslcts,

To help our developers thoroughly test the plugins, we kindly request your assistance in providing answers to the following questions:

1. Could you please specify the current version of the Gmail and Outlook plugins that you are using in your application?

2. How long have you been using these plugins in your application, and when did you first notice the occurrence of this issue?

3. If I understand correctly, users log in to their accounts, and after a few hours, they are required to log in again to access their email. Is this the correct scenario?

4. Does this issue occur at fixed intervals, such as every exactly 2 hours, or does it happen after varying amounts of time with each occurrence?

Thank you for your patience and understanding :pray:

Hope to hear back from you soon :hugs:

@dorel does these plugins update the tokens? This is the question we should be asking.

Hello @charleslcts,

To assist our developer in pinpointing the issue, could you please provide answers to the questions posed in our previous message? Your detailed feedback will be important in understanding and resolving the situation.

We greatly appreciate your patience and collaboration!

Looking forward to your response!

1. I am using the last version
    2 it’s happening since I started using it one month ago
    3 yes
    4 it will disconnect the user after one or few hours

@dorel

Hello @charleslcts,

I hope your weekend was fantastic!

We appreciate your prompt response to the questions. Your information has been relayed to our developer who’s currently reviewing your request. Rest assured, we’ll keep you updated as soon as we have more details.

Wishing you a productive start to the week :hugs:

Hey @charleslcts,

Thank you so much for your patience!

Good news! We’ve just released updates for the “Gmail - Small Business” and “Outlook” plugins. These updates address the authentication token renewal issue.

To access these updates:

1. Head to the “Plugins Tab” within your Bubble editor.
  2. Click on the relevant plugin.
  3. You’ll see a dropdown list showcasing the available versions. Please select the latest version.

After updating, please test the plugins in your environment. If you find everything in order, fantastic! If not, or if you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out either here or at support@zeroqode.com.

Have a good day :hugs: :star2:

Curious if any users of this Plugin can verify that the new version and updates are working great. The reviews in the Bubble Plugin are mixed but it looks like those may have been from before ZeroQode acquired it.

Anyone having success with it?

Hello @sillies.eric,

In the latest update, we have resolved the issue with the refresh token functionality. Users should no longer face the inconvenience of repeatedly logging in to access their calendars.

Regarding the plugin’s overall functionality, you can subscribe to it for testing within your app. If it doesn’t meet your specific use case, you can unsubscribe after a day or two. You will only be charged for the number of days you used the plugin.

If you have any more questions or need assistance, please feel free to reach out.

Wishing you a wonderful day :hugs:

I don’t see the option to subscribe. It says it is a free plugin.

@sillies.eric,

I apologize for any confusion earlier. You can install our Outlook plugin in your app and try it out to see if the plugin meets your requirements and expectations. Also, please check our demo page to see how we set it up, Gmail - Outlook

You can subscribe to our Gmail plugin for testing purposes within your app. If, after trying it out, you find that it doesn’t meet your specific use case, you can unsubscribe after a day or two. You will only be charged for the number of days you used the plugins for testing.

I hope this clarifies things. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask.

Have a good day :hugs:

Thank you. Apologize for my ignorance here.

I created the app inside Microsoft as the video on the plug-in page demonstrates (VIP - Microsoft Azure), but I do not see where to add the API keys into this plug-in. How do I connect this plugin to the app I created inside Microsoft Azure. Screen shot of what I am seeing below. If you have any demos or further documentation it would be very helpful.

Hi @sillies.eric,

Certainly! This plugin does not have specific fields in the plugin settings for the keys. Instead, you’ll need to insert the Client ID, Client Secret, and/or App key directly into the actions provided by the plugin.

To get a better understanding of how to set up the workflow actions, you can refer to our demo page editor where we have examples of how these actions are configured.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Have a great day! :blush:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I had watched the old videos and was confused by how this has changed.

Last question, it seems concerning that the client ID and secret potentially being exposed by being entered in workflows rather than server side.

Is there a reason this approach was used or a way to ensure the auth credentials are being protected.

Hello @sillies.eric,

Yes, we have updated the plugin to a new version, and this might be why older videos are not appearing correctly.

Regarding the addition of fields for keys in the actions, this change was made to enhance security. Previously, when keys were added to the plugin’s settings, they could be exposed in the console, which is a potential security risk. By adding the fields to the actions, the keys should no longer be visible in the console. However, they may still be visible in the debugger, so it’s essential to disable the debug mode for live versions of your app to ensure security.

I hope this clarifies the changes made to the plugin. If you have any more questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask. :pray:

Wishing you a fantastic day :hugs: :star2:

Thank you this is helpful and I appreciate the added context. I am no expert here. I have been able to get it up and running and is working well. For one extra layer of security I have moved all of the auth workflows to backend workflows.

@sillies.eric

You’re very welcome! We’re here to assist you in any way we can. If you decide to use backend actions, please feel free to do so. :pray:

If you ever have any questions, encounter issues, or have any suggestions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us either here or directly at support@zeroqode.com.

Wishing you a good day! :hugs: