Services Plugins FAQs

🎞 Plyr - Video Player - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hey @alexandru I am just using vimeo links and is working really good.
I have a request, the videos buffer only when they are playing, and I need the 100% of the video in memory to smooth the app workflow, is there a way to buffer the 100% of the video even thought the video is not playing or just hit play and then hit pause, but let the video buffering until 100%?

Thanks.

Does it work with IOS?

Hi guys,

@caeroa unfortunately, it is not possible to influence on Buffered progress and make videos load 100% before playing or in any other way.

@entony78 yes, it works with iOS devices and our plugin has a dedicated action to open the Airplay. You are able to test our plugin here and check its editor as well, to see all its available features and how it works.

But it is important to mention that Autoplay functionality is not recommended as it is seen as negative user experience, thus, browsers are disabling it. More information can be found here:

and here:

Hope it helps.

Sorry was distracted on another aspect of the project. Thanks for the response. I will give it a try when I get back to that section of the site/app I’m working on. Good call re browser settings as Safari tends to be more “flakey” in general with many web sites. I’ll ping back if I find anything new.

1 Like

Hey everyone,
is anyone experiencing this issue after updating from 1.6.0 to 1.7.0?
the player seems not to change the source when staying on the same page.
I’m using a YouTubeVideo element.

Thank you.

Since I’m here also,
is it known or has anyone experienced the inability to use hotkeys when using the YouTubePlayer?

Thanks Again!

Hi, @marcos!

Could you please share a bit more details like element settings screenshots, plugin settings screenshots and workflow screenshots in order to verify the configuration and understand better the problem? Thanks.

I’m afraid the hotkeys will not work within an iframe. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Best, Julia.

Hello @Julia!
Thank you so much for your help! Ah okay I understand the hotkeys.

1.7.0 bug
I was confused, thinking it was something i had done, all Tuesday & finally isolated any other workflow changes (“xtra variables”) last night and noticed that is behavior the 1.7.0 update.

“Go to page” (same page; w/o reloading) Action when clicking a sidebar video

Page load sets page’s Video varialbe

YouTubeVideo Plyr Element reads and begins playing

Hi, @marcos!

I’m a bit confused because it is not quite clear what changes were made after the plugin update. Let’s proceed as follows: please, add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborator’s list in Settings -> Collaboration so we could check the issue inside your application (please grant the access with the possibility to edit in order to test the plugin properly). Plus, please tell us the name of your Bubble application and page name where you develop it, it would be way easier for us to help you solve the issues.
Also please share the steps on how to reproduce this issue.

Note: avoid the warning message regarding Professional plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Best, Julia.

Dear users,
Our developer team has made an update to the Plyr plugin, which added a new option to stretch the player to the parent group (in order to avoid the gap between elements in mobile view).

Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version (1.13.0 - Added new option to stretch player to the parent group), refresh the application, and give it a try.

Also, see the supporting documentation for reference: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/zeroqode-video-player-plyr-plugin#changelogs

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,

1 Like

Hello everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

We have updated the plugin with the new feature (1.17.0 - Added check box play video in landscape.)! Now you can play videos automatically on the landscape orientation, after clicking the “fullscreen” button:

Hope it helps!
Regards,

Hello everyone, thank you for this excellent video player.

I have a use case for this video player in which I need to achieve the following:

1. Show a preview of a video limiting it to show only a portion of the video (for example the first 15 seconds).

2. I need to be able to switch from a vertical video view to a horizontal video view with the action of a button. That is to say to change the width and height dynamically.

I appreciate if you can guide me how to do it.

Hi @luis,
Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.
We highly appreciate your interest in our plugins. :pray:

Regarding your use case, and the first question, with the Plyr - Video Player Plugin, you can show only a portion of the video, I’ve used Bubble event: Do when a condition is true to stop the video when the Current Video time is >= than 5 sec. (where Current Time is one of the built-in plugin’s custom states beside many others)

Basically, when the video’s current time is more or equal to 5 sec, that triggers the plugin Action Pause BubbleVideo A and in my case, it shows a pop-up. :slight_smile:
After that, if the pop-up is closed, I’ve used another Plyr plugin action called: Restart BubbleVideo A, which resets the video from the beginning.
See a short Loom video below:

Unfortunately, the plugin doesn’t have such activities that can be used in the workflow. I assume you can try using custom states with some sort of input value for height and width and set these values once the button is clicked or maybe add some CSS code, you can also check other forum threads and try suggestions.

You can experiment more with our plugins by subscribing to them, in case it doesn’t work for your use case, you can easily unsubscribe after that. If I’m not mistaken, Bubble will charge you for only those days when you were subscribed to the plugin. Since the plugin’s fee is 5 USD/month, if you subscribe to it only for a day, you end up paying 16 cents.

Hope this helps. :pray:
If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.
Best regards,

Hi everyone!

We have redesigned our Plyr demo page and adapted the plugin to a new responsive engine. Hope you will like it! :slightly_smiling_face:
https://zeroqode-demo-21.bubbleapps.io/plyr

Regards,