Services Plugins FAQs

Plyr - Video Player - YouTube controls not able to be hidden

With Zeroqode’s Plyr.io port they do not seem to be hiding all of the elements of a YouTube video in the video player.
See: Annotation on 2022-11-30 at 09-22-21.png - Droplr
Example: https://izhar-roughbook.bubbleapps.io/version-test/video_player_test
(username: u password: p)

Is there any way to hide this?

I have seen other applications successfully do this:
For example this web-app: Annotation on 2022-11-30 at 09-31-18.png - Droplr

This is not a Bubble built application, but they have successfully ran Plyr and hid the YouTube elements that show up on pause.

Seeing the YouTube elements seems to be a big drawback of the user experience and having these hidden I do believe would make this plugin really worthwhile. It seems to be possible by doing some simple CSS work (display: none on certain divs) in the iframe that is generated by the JS. If that could be done on Zeroqode’s side that would be very nice.

Thank you.

Hi @tyler2,
Thank you for reaching out and for your purchase.

We will check this with the dev team and let you know once there will be any updates.

In the application you mentioned, the video is also embedded from YouTube or has a different source (AWS URL link or Vimeo video)?

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.
Best regards,

The example URL I gave we have been doing some testing so the video has changed out over there. But for the second screen capture I sent, that application actually was doing a YouTube video as a clean embed without YouTube branding in the way with Plyr. It seemed that simple CSS was all the difference I could see when testing it in Bubble with this plugin vs what they had on their app.

Hi @tyler2,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

Our dev team was looking into this and tried to change the source code of the plugin and remove the YouTube elements from it, but they are still visible. We will need more time to investigate this and test it out. I will notify you once there will be any updates.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Have a great day.
Regards, :slight_smile:

Thank you @Igor. I did recently find out that this is directly against YouTube’s terms of service.

So I apologize for sending you all on a research loop. In no place anywhere should you obfuscate, remove, or modify any YouTube branding on an embed.

So there would not need for the team to waste any more time on this.

Hi @tyler2,
Thank you for your reply and detailed information. :pray:

In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, feel free to reach out, we’ll be glad to help.
All the best, :slight_smile: