Services Plugins FAQs

Pre-Purchase Questions about Buy Me A Coffee template

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to answer some questions prior to purchase.

1. How easy is it to customise the templates from zeroqode? Has anyone had any experience in particular with the Buy Me A Coffee template?

2. Using this template, is it possible for a non-registered visitor to buy a user a coffee without creating an account?

3. On the demo website it says you can sell commissions for specific pieces of work. I am unable to find this in the demo. Is this available on the template?

4. Is it possible to charge a platform fee / commission on a coffee purchase?

5. Again the demo website talks about monthly subscriptions however this doesn’t seem to be available when logged in.

6. The actual KO-FI website has a separate Gallery function is this a possibility within this template?

Again many thanks in advance.

Scott

Hello, @scott1. Thanks for reaching out.
Apologies for the late reply :pray:

From my personal experience, I can tell that it is not super-easy. A Bubble is a no-code platform that makes the web app development way much easier than with the traditional approach, but still, it requires some logical and platform-related skills.

That’s why it is important to get acquainted with the Bubble basics and manuals before getting started.

The difficulty of the template customization depends also on the user’s requirements. Like, if you are OK with the current template setup and need to change only a few things like design and some database structure - it is pretty easy. But if you want to change the logic of the template or add some complex API calls - it is challenging without the Bubble skills.

That’s why it is important to learn Bubble Manuals, check out some Zeroqode LAB courses, check YouTube or Bubble forum to find more educational materials and get skilled.

No, the current template setup does not allow for a non-registered visitor to buy a user a coffee without creating an account.

I’m afraid, there’s a little misunderstanding that has happened. The Coffee template page/demo page/documentation does not contain the information, that this template has the commission functionality. And, in fact, the current Coffee template setup does not support this feature.

Still, it can be added manually. You can customize your template to take a fee for each donation transaction. (You need to change the Charge a user action and set the static/dynamic fee value (and set your Stripe account, of course, so I’d recommend you to get some basic Bubble skills and read the Stripe documentation first)).

In the current template setup, it is not possible. But you can add the commission per each donation functionality manually.

Yep, the “Subscriptions and Commissions” section on the index page (for not logged in users) describes the possibilities of this template. Currently, there is a Following and Donation functionality in the template.
The Commissions implies here the possibility to provide some users with the exclusive content, created on-demand.
The Subscriptions implies here the possibility to get the fees/donations from your subscribers/followers, but not the actual subscription system, unfortunately.

No, unfortunately, there is no Gallery page within the current Coffee template setup. But it can be added manually.

Please let me know if you’d like to know something else :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards, Kate

Hello, I have a question about this template. How do users recieve funds? Does every user need to register and connect their own STRIPE accounts or is it done some other way directly to users bank accounts? Thanks

Hey, @nemanja.rilakovic!
Sorry for the late reply :pray:

As a template owner/platform admin, you have to configure the template first. For this, you have to check the Setup Guide article in the template documentation. There you can find info on how to set up the Stripe plugin in order to make it possible for creators and users to receive and send money to each other.

As a creator (user, registered on the Coffee template), you have to go to the Settings tab, enable switcher “Accept payments” - and then you’ll see the button “Connect your Stripe account” which will redirect you to the Stripe authorization page:

Here you should authorize with your Stripe account in order to receive payments from Coffee template users. So, answering your question, the user who wants to be able share/receive funds on the Coffee template should have Stripe account:

Let me know if you have more questions. :slightly_smiling_face:
Take care!