Services Plugins FAQs

Predicted concern about several templates which have Payment data type and List of payment thing for User data type

Hello.

There are several templates that have a “List of payments” for User data type.
I have a concern here.

Bubble system has a database limitation that the list item can only hold 10,000 values.
If the number of items exceeds 10,000, an error will occur.

Therefore, when running in production, it is necessary to think in advance about how to handle cases where the number of list items exceeds 10,000.

For example, in the Createry template, there is an item called List of Payments in the User section, and in the Ko-Fi template, there is a list called Payments_gibven and Payments_received.

In both templates, I believe the error occurs when the customer has made more than 10,000 payments to the creator.

There doesn’t seem to be a limit on the number of records in the data type.
If there is no workaround for the limiting, I think we need to merge the List of Payment item into the Payment data type or create a new separate data type to manage it.
(However, it’s difficult to figure out the logic of that operation from scratch.)

How do you deal with this?

Hi @LF8MAN, thank you for taking the time to investigate.

Our templates are designed to help people build their project on top of it, not from scratch. In this way, you can build an app in no time. Unfortunately, it is not possible to estimate every possible case for templates, because they are the base, allowing you to make changes and add new features to them.

The database record limitation completely depends on the Bubble. Would you kindly contact the Bubble Support team if you are facing any issues with this? Contact | Bubble

If you require any further information, let me know. :pray:
Best regards,

1 Like

Hi @Igor
Thanks for replying!

First of all, this question is not about the limit of records, but about the limit of how much “List of xx” Things can hold.
c.f. List Limit of 10,000 - Database - Bubble Forum

In the case of Ko-fi’s template, I think that if our customers make more than 10,000 payments, the List of Payments will be held with all values, is this correct behavior? In that case, I think there will be an error at 10,001 times, so some action will be needed.

I understand what you said about the database limitations being bubble dependent.
On the other hand, if I use a template to actually start a business, I need to have an idea in advance of the problems I have already anticipated.

Of course, I need to consult with Bubble about easing the database restrictions, etc., but I think zeroqode, the creator of the template, is more appropriate to consult about the behavior on the template.

Thank you!

Hi @LF8MAN, thanks for your reply.

I’ve carefully investigated your question:
In the case of Ko-fi’s template, I think that if our customers make more than 10,000 payments, the List of Payments will be held with all values, is this correct behavior? - Unfortunately, I cannot tell for sure what will happen then, one thing I can assume is that is not a good practice to keep so many records in just one data field. It might take a lot of time to retrieve this information when you will need to display it.
If you are planning to customize the Coffee (Donations like Kofi) template yourself, you will have to think about restructuring the database to exclude any possible concerns. :pray:

As well if you need a personal approach and require customization, we at Zeroqode can customize the template for you but we usually work with budgets. over $10k-12k. See how we can help with customization.

I hope the above information will be useful to you and you will find more detailed information on other forum threads regarding the solution to this.
Best regards, :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Igor

Thank you for the reply.

I can’t deny that there will be some errors when I launch it as a production service.
(Zeroqode templates have been very helpful, but it also means that the templates are not designed with various problems in mind.)

I understand the situation, so this is not a problem for me.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi there LF8MAN, thanks for your message.
We strongly appreciate your understanding. :pray:

In case there will be any other template-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be happy to assist you. :slight_smile:

Wish you all the best achievements with your project.
Regards,

1 Like