Services Plugins FAQs

Printing capabilities from Eaty template

Hi,
I’m working on Eaty template. I’d like to know how a restaurant owner can print out the order received from customer? I also wanted to print out a receipt. We are using ipad, but not sure which thermal printer is compatible ? Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards,
Dean

Hello, @dean!

Thank you for your query.

At the moment, with the present functionality of the template, there is no option for printing, unfortunately.

However, you can reach your goal, using a plugin for printing. There are 2 plugins, that I can recommend:

1. Print - this plugin is pretty straightforward, it has action, that you assign to buttons or any other elements to print pages. The good thing about it is that you can save PDF document for a later reference.

2. Print Pro - this plugin is more advanced, that allows you to print the elements you want, the whole page, or excluding some elements, create a HTML template to insert dynamic data into or create a template with custom HTML, JavaScript, CSS & dynamic data all in one. It also allows you to select a printer that you want to use.

You can also use PDF Converter, which will allow you to save invoices and orders first, and after that, from your IPad, you can send the document for print on a selected printer.

Talking about the type of printer (you’ve mentioned a thermal one), it is up to you, which one to choose, cause there is no connection between types of printers and printing possibilities using plugins.

If there will be any other questions, let us know.

Best regards.

Thanks @Elena i will try them out.

Regards,
Dean

2 Likes

Hey, @dean!

You are most welcome:)

Best regards.

Hey Dean! I am using the Eaty template and I am working with Starmicronics CloudPRNT to allow for automatic printing in the restaurant with auto accept. I have my developer working on coding it now (way to difficult for me). Happy to share our progress with you. Please reach out to me at amy@nourishhood.com

Awesome ! thanks Amy. will do