Services Plugins FAQs

Private uploads to Azure container with the multi-file-uploader plugin

I am trying to build an upload file function on Bubble to upload files to a private Blob container in Azure.

The files should be uploaded as blobs to a private container in Azure. I cannot make the Azure container publicly readable (as the instructions for the plugin require me to do) due to the privacy concerns of the users.

Instead, I have an external API that takes in User ID and filename, and returns a short-lived file-wise Azure URL+SAS tokens back to Bubble. These file-wise URLs and SAS tokens with short expiry times, that are generated every time for that particular file, right at the time when a user has to upload a file.

Once the user selects the file on the uploader, an API call immediately sends the filename and user ID to the external API endpoint and fetches the resource URL along with the SAS token (with create/write access).

I want to upload the selected file to this Azure URL, but the plugin seems to require that the Blob container be necessarily publicly exposed. This wouldn’t be a problem if there was a way to send HTTP PUT requests with user’s file in the Request Body, but that is again missing in Bubble.

Is there a way the plugin would allow me to upload private containers with granular create+write access SAS tokens?

Hi @shreyase,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m afraid this should not be an issue at plugin level since the CORS policy is set at Azure level. Have you actually tried to change your account policy settings in order to upload private Blob containers?

We’ll also investigate this request among with our development team, then get back to you asap.

Best,
Alex

Hello, @shreyase
Let me please jump into your conversation.

Firstly, please forgive us for the late reply :pray:

We have discussed this item internally, and defined, that theoretically, it is possible.
However, these settings are not related to the plugin’s functionality. Thus, I can advise you to take a look at this documentation in order to upload files to a private Blob container in Azure:

Also, as we understand, you are not willing to make the Azure container publicly readable, but you can just provide the public access, but to change the allowed methods in the CORS policies:

Please try all these steps and let me know if it works properly now. :pray:
Bets regards,