Services Plugins FAQs

Problem with Bubble Page to PDF converter

That’s disappointing. Just now I noticed another error, perhaps related to Bubble’s recent changes to editor - now pages with multiple fields insert a line between the first line and the rest of the content. This happens on Safari and Chrome. This completely corrects with your plugin disabled. The [Left] tag does not cure this issue.

I have filed a bug report to Bubble, but the fact that others are seeing this error also means that there is an issue. We just have to find it. I can send you a video of this directly to you - shall I?

@kenl,

I’m not sure that your video record can help me to resolve a new issue you are facing within your app. Anyway, you can share it, sure.

As I have suggested, you can create a test page with the elements you are trying to convert, but with the text concatenation. Add our support account as a collaborator with the edit rights and I will check out what is the probable issue is causing your error.

Regards,

@kenl

Thank you for the video record you’ve shared with me.

Still, I have to ask you to wrap each line of the dynamic text you have into the [left] dynamic text [/left] tags. It should resolve the insert a line between the first line and the rest of the content issue and the text concatenation.

Take a look at this workaround:

One more tip, except the [left] tags, is the blank line under the first dynamic text line (but the drawback of this variant - the empty line above the first dynamic text line):

Please check and confirm :pray:
Regards,

I tried both solutions and unfortunately does not resolve the issue. Somehow the plugin throws off the Bubble page rendering. Removing the plugin does restore the page to normal. As far as I can see, it happens on Safari on MacOS and Chrome on both Windows and Mac.

The scrunching up of text reported in this thread is perhaps a similar error.

@kenl,

Will it be comfortable for you to add our support@zeroqode.com email as a collaborator of your app? With the edit rights, if you don’t mind. I presume, it can be useful to let us investigate the issues you’ve faced inside your app.

Thank you for understanding :pray:
Regards,

Ok I have changed every element on the page by inserting a blank space at the top and that has at least temporarily helped the formatting. If I have further trouble I will add you as a collaborator. Since the app is complex and critical, I did not want to do this first off - hope you understand. For now, please stand down.

1 Like

Hi @kate, a new issue surfaced with the very latest version of the version 2.0 plugin. Some users are reporting they can’t open the PDF using Acrobat both on windows and Mac. I have tried naming them without space in the name etc, but does not seem to help. The same PDFs display fine and open with Preview on Macs.

Is this a known problem and if yes, do you have a suggestion?

Hello, @kenl. Thanks for reaching out.

Nope, it’s something new. Thank you for reporting us about this issue. We will check and fix it asap. I let you know when you will be able to update the plugin version to the fixed one.

By the way, as a temporary solution, please use the “open in browser” option, while you are waiting for the plugin fix. Thank you.

Regards,

Yes I am aware of the workaround. In our case we are relying on the PDF to be handled by a central transactional mail printing service who can’t handle the job unless it can be opened through acrobat. Also our app emails PDFs generated, and users are being told the PDFs are not opening.

@kenl got it. Then let us please fix this issue. I hope it won’t take much time :pray:

@kenl,

We have scheduled a plugin re-investigation and complete code-review. As you may understand, it can take quite a lot of time. That’s why I suggest you roll-back to 25/27th version - their PDF file quality is quite high and there are no issues with the reading PDF files with Adobe Reader.

Apologies for the inconvenience. I will notify you when the new plugin version will be created.
Regards,

Thank you Kate. I have rolled back and awaiting your communication. It will be amazing if you can create a plugin that retains text elements as text, rather than takes a screenshot of the page.

@kenl,

Great! Please let me know if you need some help with the 27th version setup (there might be some questions when you try to convert a big repeating group with the multiple pages inside).

Yes, I agree completely. We will do our best to find the most relevant solution and implement all frequently requested features to the plugin, and the text readability also.

Thank you :pray: