Services Plugins FAQs

Problem with Google Sheets & Chats (Service) plugin

Hello everyone!

The plugin was configured in our bubble and it did worked fine for couple of days.

But, since yesterday we are continuously getting an error called “could not sign request token, check private key” whenever we were trying to create a new spreadsheet through this plugin.

We have checked the private key multiple times and everything seems configured correctly.

Can someone please help me out resolving this issue. Attaching the error screenshot below for everyone’s reference.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, @lalith! Sorry for the late reply :pray:

From the error you receive, it seems like your private key is not valid anymore. You can either create a new private key or create a new project in Google Console with a fresh private key (service).

Hope it helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have the same problem with your plugin. I made a subscription just today, tried to configure the plugin,

but did not succeed because of this message:

When I filled out the private key, I followed strictly according to your instructions: https://docs.zeroqode.com/obtaining-google-service-account-keys
The private key was edited carefully according to your recommendations.

After the first failure, a new project was created in Google, with a new service account and a re-release of the private key. But the mistake was repeated. I want someone to help me set up the connection, otherwise I will have to delete the subscription, since this plugin is completely useless for me.

Hey @kate , We have tried creating a new project and new service account too. But these didn’t worked. Even though strictly following the provided steps, we are facing the same issue?

Is this kind of some bug? If so, please let us know a time frame to fix this so that we can look for alternatives till it is fixed.

Hello, @lalith and @reportsbub
Allow me to jump into this conversation :slightly_smiling_face:

First of all, sorry for my late reply :pray:

We have created new Google Service Account keys, using this documentation: https://docs.zeroqode.com/obtaining-google-service-account-keys

Please note that we have successfully created them and the plugin works as it should. There are no bugs from our side.

Allow me to recommend you to check the next points:

• Please choose the CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT and add a name and an id.
  • Give the roles for the account;
  • The most important step - creating the key. Press on CREATE KEY and select JSON type of key and then click CREATE, a file with the key will be downloaded, it will be in format. JSON.
  • Open the (.json) file in any text editor and copy client_email - (e.g: zeroqode-demo@zq-bot.iam.gserviceaccount.com) without quotes.

@reportsbub as we can see from the screenshot with your key seems like it was copied incorrect, but the “END PRIVATE KEY” should be placed at the new line, but not at the end of another one.

Do not forget to Paste in email settings the Iss (account email) field in plugin settings in Bubble editor:

• Also, please enable the 3 libraries in your service account: 2 for the Drive API and 1 for Google Sheets API.

Please check these settings and let me know about your result.
I will be happy to assist you!

Best regards,

Hello, @lalith and @reportsbub

By this message, I would like to provide you a link for a bit updated documentation for Obtaining Google Service Account Keys: https://docs.zeroqode.com/obtaining-google-service-account-keys

Hope it will be helpful for you.
Best regards,