Services Plugins FAQs

Problem with MyAlert plugin (feb-2022)

Hello,
I have just installed the plugin this afternoon, and still have somme difficulties with options :

• a) I can see in the Plugins (search ofr an action) : 1.Info toast, 2.Success toast, 3.warning toast, 4.error toast, 4.custom toasts, 5. Custom toast, 6.Clear toast: ==> where is the “Question toast” ?

• b) with the 5.Custom, i tried to customize but the icon is not shown (fa-regular fa-face-beam-hand-over-mouth, coming from Icons | Font Awesome). However, the image is ok.
    The plugin documentation : " Icon: Supported FontAwesome 5 Icons, i.e: fab fa-affiliatetheme." well, i did’nt find this icon.

I really need the icon in the custom one, as i need to customize the background and text colors. Il would like to use :slight_smile: these 9 ones :
fa-solid fa-bell
fa-solid fa-bell-slash
fa-solid fa-triangle-exclamation
fa-solid fa-circle-exclamation
fa-solid fa-exclamation
fa-solid fa-question
fa-solid fa-circle-radiation
fa-solid fa-radiation
fa-solid fa-skull-crossbones

Help would be appreciate

Hello @cdaumas78

Thank you for reaching out.

The plugin actions can be found in the Plugins tab, and the Toast a Question action can be found by searching for a “Toast” in the workflows. Please see this screenshot: Screenshot by Lightshot.

Regarding the custom icon problem, I have passed this issue to the developers to investigate, and as soon as I have an update regarding this issue I’ll get back to you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

thank you.

here is what I’ve got in plugin tab : the link for screenshots and demos is not working.

But in the workflow, i don’t see “toast a question”

i am working with MyAlert 1.6.0 , not the testing version.

Thank you for the screenshots.

The Toast a Question action can be found in the ‘Element actions’ (have a look at a screenshot below.

Regarding the custom icon, please use Bubble icons(some of them are from FontAwesome), how to do it:

1. Go to visual elements
  2. Choose an icon and place it on the page
  3. Copy the name of the icon and then place it “Custom Toast” icon field
  4. See the screenshots to understand it better :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

i’ll try it tomorrow (working in France)

Hi guys, I like your alerts and tried the plugin today.
But I go the attached error message at my first try!
I’m worried about using it now.
Can you guys fix that?
Thx,
Guy

I was using the custom toast and bound it to a target element that’s the button that was clicked.

I confirm: it’s the binding that creates the error. Otherwise it seems to work okay. Still testing it.

Hi @gyangting, thanks for reporting this issue :pray:

I’ve passed it on to the developer team for research. Once any result will appear, I will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards

Hi @gyangting, thanks for your patience.

To avoid the error message, please use the # sign before the element id. In this case, it will trigger right.

In a short time, we will also add this hint to the field documentation.

Hope this hint helps. If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Thanks, I’ll try that.

2 Likes

Hi @gyangting, one more update is live now.

Now, there is no need to add the # sign before the element id.

For that, please update the plugin to version 1.11.0 and give it a try.

If there are any other plugin-related questions, you know where to find us :wink:

Regards,

Got it. Will try it. Thanx!

1 Like

Hi,

I’m getting another error now.

No idea where this is coming from.

Is it because there are too many toast alerts in the workflow?

Also, I looked hard for the Toast Question action but could not find it.
Is it accessible?

Hi @gyangting, thanks for your message.

Please check if the plugin is on the newest version and in each toast action the element ID is indicated without the # sign.

To use this action, please be sure to have the “Question” element placed on page.

Hope this helps. Drop me a message if there will be any other questions.

Regards,

Thanks for your replies. Helpful!

Question: is there a way to have all toasts on a page of the same width (height can be different)?
That’s the case on mobile, but on bigger screens, the width vary based on the quantity of text.

Design-wise, it’s disturbing, see screenshot below.

Can you help ?

Thanks,
Guy

Hi @gyangting, thanks for your request.

I’ve passed it to the developer team for research, so they will check if this feature can be added. Once any news will appear, I will let you know.

Regards,

Great. Hopefully they can…

Hi @gyangting, thanks for your patience.

The good news is here :wink: We have pushed a plugin update, that has added alert message width.

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.12.0: Added “Max width toast” field to actions) and give it a try.

In case there will be any other questions or suggestions about our plugin, please let me know :wink:

Have a good weekend ahead!

Regards,

Wonderful!
I’ll check that out