Services Plugins FAQs

Problems with Google Calendar + Offline

Hi everyone. I’m using the Google Calendar + Offline plugin to connect our coaches’ calendars to their portal. Up until last week, it was working just fine. This week, I started having the following issue:

It’s supposed to show this screen when the user’s Google Calendar is not connected. Specifically, the rules is that if the current user’s Google Calendar Offline Email is unknown, show first element. If it’s known, show second element.

It’s supposed to show this repeating group when the calendar is connected ("current user’s google calendar offline email is known) :

I’m seeing this instead:

Through a bit of troubleshooting, I’ve discovered a few things:

*When I try to print the “Current User’s Google Offline Calendar Email” as text, nothing shows up.
Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 1.23.17 PM

I should see this printed:
Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 1.24.50 PM

Instead it’s…

When I add the rule below, I still get the empty text, indicating that there is an email attached, I just can’t see what it is.

My takeaways:
-It seems like the user is connected to an account BUT
-for some reason I can’t access it.

Any thoughts for continued troubleshooting? Like I said, this was working fine before and suddenly stopped without me changing anything. It’s similarly broken for a new account (i.e., one that doesn’t have a gcal connection) and old accounts.

Hi @mary,

Thanks for reaching out. Let us check on this use case and I’ll get back to you with a reply asap. :pray:

Best,
Alex

Hi @mary, we’ve checked on this use case. Unfortunately, this issue is not reproducing on our side, however, we experienced the same problem with that pop-up message a couple of weeks ago. The issue comes from Google. Try to do the following:

1. Clear the cache of your browser, then log in with a couple of different accounts again, but in case it still doesn’t work:
  2. Go to your Google Console for developers, try to get new API credentials for your project and place them in the plugin configurations of your Bubble app. Also, in the Console, rewrite the new URI links again.

It will not affect your calendar data, it only deals with authorization. Then give it a try again.

If you experience the same or other issues, please let me know.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Hey Alexandru.

A good portion of the problem is that I’m not able to disconnect the account from the existing user. Say I have an account with this particular bubble App and then I connect my gcal, I should be able to disconnect it. Am I missing a function somewhere?

Hi @mary, let me check with our development team and I’ll get back with a reply on this matter asap. :pray:

1 Like

Thanks, it’s a big blocker for our team so I really appreciate your help.

Hi guys @mary, @dee we have fixed the authorization issue. Please upgrade to the latest version of the plugin, refresh your app and give it a try.
However, there a couple of things to mention.

This way of display/setting condition for user’s email is not correct:

Because, when you signup/login with provider as Google account, the email of the current user is automatically detected as your Google email. You can simply display Current User’s email:

It also refers to any other place within your app where you display this data.

Thank you for your patience. :pray: