Services Plugins FAQs

Problems with Intercom Plugin

Hi @levon

I have installed the Intercom plugin and set everything up as directed in the instructions.

However, when I try to create a user in Intercom via a Bubble action, it comes up with an error that contains token_not_found message unauthorised.

I do not have a password in the plugin settings as your documentation says to leave it blank - what I am doing wrong here?

Hi,
but did you put anything for the username and app id? these should be filled out, while password can be left blank. Username is basically the token that you obtain from intercom - not your email address.
Hope this helps
Thanks
Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

let’s stay in touch on twitter!

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

1 Like

Hi @levon

For the username I put the app ID in - the documentation on the plugin page doesn’t show where to find the username.

Intercom says API tokens are being deprecated, and that I can get an Access Token - is that the username?

yes, I believe the access token is the username

1 Like

Thanks @levon and in the Request User Chat action, what is the Admin_User_ID and where do I find it in Intercom?

try the email address of Intercom admin user.

Hi @levon

Still has an error:

just checked the intercom’s API docs

seems that the admin_user_id is not email but an id. Perhaps you could contact intercom support and ask them to provide you your admin id - that might be the easiest - instead of retrieving it from API.
as for user-ids - i think those are returned when you are using the “create intercom user” call of the plugin, you can store that information in the user table in the database.
Hope this helps.

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

let’s stay in touch on twitter!

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

Hi @sendpilot,

Did you ever get intercom to work? I’m having similar issues and haven’t been able to get my admin_id from them.

Hi ! I’m having similar issues. I’m not able to get my username id. Did you find the solution ?