Services Plugins FAQs

QR & Bar Code Reader - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hi Olivier,
thanks a lot for this finding. We will update the description as you suggested.
Thanks again!

Hi @Dumitru and @levon

I came across an issue with some iphone and ipads. The camera does not open for iphone models 7 and older (start_live_decoder gives a blank screen). The newer iphones seem to work. Is there a way to solve this problem? I would highly appreciate your help because I just went live with my webapp and some users are having this (important) issue.

Thanks in advance!

Update: tried with qr & bar code reader 2 but it gives the following error. Any advice?

Hi @olivier.hendrickx2
we are working on this, please bear with us while we are checking the issue
thanks!

We have just pushed an update with some fixes, please upgrade, refresh the page and give it another try, thanks!

@levon
Thanks for the fast reply, but it is not working yet. After some reading it appears to be a problem with getting access to the camera on ios. It seems to be a similar issue as this one: QR Code Plugin Broken by iOS 12.2 update, released yesterday
Any workarounds?

in that thread we have already fixed the issue, and we have added a new library, so now the plugin comes with a new element qr reader 2. Which should work on ios 12.2

I see you did, but it does not seem to work for us. We have no idea why.

did you upgrade? did you refresh the page?
please try to uninstall the plugin, refresh the page, and then install it back again, sometimes the changes don’t initialize properly in the app

Yes, but still not working. We keep on trying though. Thanks for your help anyway, it is much appreciated. I’ll give an update when it works for us.

I tried the demo and seem like its not working

Hi there, @ben

Could you please post some screenshots of issue you’ve encountered.
Also please post info regarding the device you’ve used for testing, OS version and browser. Thanks for these details.
We’ll check this out.

Hello, the demo is not working too

is this the link you are trying? https://zeroqode-demo-07.bubbleapps.io/barcode_2_demo

This is the link I have been trying
https://zeroqode-demo-07.bubbleapps.io/qr-bar_code_reader

I have 2 question:

Can we have a way to make the camera refocus?

Can we change from front camera to the rear?

Hi @ben

As Levon mentioned the latest demo version link is located here: https://zeroqode-demo-07.bubbleapps.io/barcode_2_demo

Regarding the questions:

1. There isn’t a way to make the camera refocus manually, the only way is it to let it autofocus and using it while having a good source of light and having a good camera overall.

2. It is possible to set either the rear facing or from facing camera when you start live scanner. The plugin will detect the cameras and offers you to choose which one to use.

Regards,
Dumitru.

Hello Dumitru, thank you so much for getting back to me,

Is there a way to have option to toggle flash?

The pop up option to select front or rear only applies to android OS.
IOS user do not have this option.

I just tried the new link but the scanner stop working, there was a red box around the QR code previously.
I am testing in broad day light testing using EAN-13 barcode.

Hi @ben

No, unfortunately not possible.

Yep, sorry did not knew about it. The popup seems like it depends on other factors as well like browser/OS version, however you could set it in the plugin setting

We may look into it so you could set the camera mode in frontend, but no promises here or eta on update.

Regards,
Dumitru

Hi @levon ,

The prior version had an event CODE DETECTED that we could use in workflow to trigger action DECODE_LOCAL_IMAGE. I don’t see these in the new version. Are they no longer needed?

Thanks.