Services Plugins FAQs

QR & Bar Code Reader - New Plugin from Zeroqode

We have just published a new plugin - QR & Bar Code Reader

This plugin enables smooth and seamless QR and Bar code reading functionality in your Bubble app.

qr_bar

For details, screenshots and demos please visit Barcode & QR Code Reader Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode.

If you have questions about this plugin or need any help, please reach out on Zeroqode Forum at https://forum.zeroqode.com

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

1 Like

I have a question on this plugin. Can I use it to create a barcode I would then be able to send in an email? Ideally it would be dynamic, meaning each person who received the email would get a unique barcode value.

this plugin is for reading qr and bar codes, but we are building a plugin to create them as well. Stay tuned for updates from us. thanks!

I am using this plugin for a while now and I’m happy it exists. However, once in a while the QR code reader reads a wrong code (which is a bit annoying as it needs to show the correct data aftwerwards). Previously the QR code encoded a text of 20 random characters and the error rate was pretty high (1 out of 5 was not correct). I downsized the text to 9 random characters, which lowers the error rate (approximately 1 out of 20 is not correct). Is there any way this can be further optimized without recuding the length of the encoded text?
I use the plugin with the live camera (not with scanning an image).
Thank you for the help!

Hello, @olivier.hendrickx2.

Thank for your support and feedback.
We’ll look into it if it’s possible to get further with more accurate scan reads.
We’ll notify asap, however no eta I could offer at the moment.
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
ZQ Team.

Thanks! That would be great. Looking forward to your update.

Hi, @olivier.hendrickx2.

We have updated the plugin with a few settings options and made some tests locally, the rate of error is low.
After tests of 20 characters scans, 1 out of 15 failed. Maybe try with another camera setup or adjust settings for the case.

The added new settings:
Success timeout - default 1000 (milliseconds)
Frame rate - can be from 1 to 25
Gray Scale - Yes/No
Flip vertical
Flip horizontal
Please upgrade the plugin, refresh page and give it another try.

Regards.
Zeroqode Team.

Thanks for your update, it sure comes in handy. I’ve done some tests myself as well on the error rate. Turns out it’s mostly about the lighting in the room of the scanning device. The error rate dramatically increases when there’s not sufficient lighting. It’s kind of logical, but you can maybe add this in the description of your plugin, because it works very well with sufficient lighting.

1 Like

Hi Olivier,
thanks a lot for this finding. We will update the description as you suggested.
Thanks again!

Hi @Dumitru and @levon

I came across an issue with some iphone and ipads. The camera does not open for iphone models 7 and older (start_live_decoder gives a blank screen). The newer iphones seem to work. Is there a way to solve this problem? I would highly appreciate your help because I just went live with my webapp and some users are having this (important) issue.

Thanks in advance!

Update: tried with qr & bar code reader 2 but it gives the following error. Any advice?

Hi @olivier.hendrickx2
we are working on this, please bear with us while we are checking the issue
thanks!

We have just pushed an update with some fixes, please upgrade, refresh the page and give it another try, thanks!

@levon
Thanks for the fast reply, but it is not working yet. After some reading it appears to be a problem with getting access to the camera on ios. It seems to be a similar issue as this one: QR Code Plugin Broken by iOS 12.2 update, released yesterday
Any workarounds?

in that thread we have already fixed the issue, and we have added a new library, so now the plugin comes with a new element qr reader 2. Which should work on ios 12.2

I see you did, but it does not seem to work for us. We have no idea why.

did you upgrade? did you refresh the page?
please try to uninstall the plugin, refresh the page, and then install it back again, sometimes the changes don’t initialize properly in the app

Yes, but still not working. We keep on trying though. Thanks for your help anyway, it is much appreciated. I’ll give an update when it works for us.

I tried the demo and seem like its not working

Hi there, @ben

Could you please post some screenshots of issue you’ve encountered.
Also please post info regarding the device you’ve used for testing, OS version and browser. Thanks for these details.
We’ll check this out.