Services Plugins FAQs

QR Code Reader Plugin Questions

I recently purchased the QR plugin and I was hoping for some guidance with a few questions:

1.) I have been able to utilize the plugin to scan QR codes within my app, but it does not seem to work when I have the Safari UI component Hidden under the IOS appearance section in the Bubble app. Is this required to be unchecked in order for it to launch the video recorder to scan a code?

2.) When I launch the scanner and it reads a code it sometimes makes a beeping noise when it reads the code and other times it does not. Is the beeping part of the plugin and do I have anyway to control it?

3.) Lastly, I am reading QR codes with URL’s as the content. I want to load the page when the code is read. I can’t seem to figure out where to trigger this workflow to load the URL and launch the page. Any direction on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Steve, we’ll check this out, and I’ll update soon

Hi Steve

what’s the ios version on the device? The plugin officially suports only iOS 11 and above

this is set by default, the sound is triggered every time the bar/qr code is read, if sometimes you don’t hear it we’ll double check

there is no such event configured in the plugin, but we will enable it and I’ll update here when done, thanks

Hello, we have updated the plugin and added event that is triggered on scan + option to change the successful code detection sound
hope this will be helpful
to try please upgrade to the plugin’s latest version and refresh the browser
thanks

Item #1 - I am still unable to use the scanner when I select the check box to turn off the Safari UI components. I do see the red camera icon up in the UI component when it isn’t turned off.

Item # 2 - Unclear on how to use the sound feature with the update. Still doesn’t make a sound upon capture under most circumstances.

Item #3 - Resolved, but still need to understand new workflow when QR Scanner is detected.

New Item - I have the reader in a group and am unable to reset the contents. Is there a way to use a workflow to reset the contents of the scanner.

Thanks

Hey Steve
for #3 - see the screenshot how to add the workflow with the successful read event

for #1,2 we will check and i’ll let you know
thanks

Steve, can you give access to the app to vlad.betivu@zeroqode.com and also login and password for preview if there is any?

To confirm, this action is triggered when the scanner has a value in its qr code? I have an app that may scan multiple QR codes. Therefore, after each valid scan I need a way to clear out the qr code in the reader prior to scanning another qr. I have the scanner in a group but I am unable to reset it by resetting the group. Is there a way to reset the qr scanner value without having to refresh the page?

The workflow on detect has resolved my issues with resetting the reader. So far it is solid!

great, Steve, glad it all worked out :slight_smile:
thanks

Hello @levon, was there a solution to this?

“1.) I have been able to utilize the plugin to scan QR codes within my app, but it does not seem to work when I have the Safari UI component Hidden under the IOS appearance section in the Bubble app. Is this required to be unchecked in order for it to launch the video recorder to scan a code?”

Issue Steps

• Via IOS - save web page on safari as Homepage Icon
  • Notice that plugin fails to display

For me it only seems to work on safari when the app is not saved via homepage, other wise I get two lines instead of the camera viewer.

I am trying to get more of a native feel. The camera function works if uploading picture as input but not via your plugin. Are you able to help?

The default size of the scanner is 320 x 240. I was told that if you alter the size it will not work when the Hide UI is checked. I also wanted the native feel with the web app, but I came to the conclusion that the larger scanner was more important than hiding the UI. I am able to get close to the feel, but I sure wish I could have the ability to hide the UI and enlarge the qr camera size!!!

Please let me know what you find.

2 Likes

Thank you @steve for replying, I will try this.

Thanks @steve for your time, but this failed to work.

@levon is this issue related to permissions of camera. As soon as on homepage this app fails to work. I don’t mind partly sponsoring this. Can you please assist?

I have my app on the homepage and it works fine, but the UI is unchecked in settings. Each time you enter the app you should get a popup asking for permission to use the camera. If this is not showing then the problem lies elsewhere. When I check the UI in settings it disables the popup to allow the use of the camera. Otherwise it works fine with a larger sized scanner in my app with UI unchecked.

2 Likes

I got it to work, but not within the requirements I need.

Basically I need to hide UI, as I will be wrapping the app for IOS

Make sure your camera is enable on your iPhone under settings - safari.

1 Like

Appreciate the effort - this is enabled - unfortunately there does not appear to be a way to hide ui of URL and have access to the camera - without adding actual native functions

That’s where I ended up as well. Perhaps the guys at Zerqode will address this in the future.

1 Like