Services Plugins FAQs

Qr scanner shows small black dot sometimes

Hello,

I am from The Netherlands so my english is not very good but ill give it a try.

A few days ago i bought the QR code scanner and reader plugin for bubble. I am using it as a QR code scanner there. When im starting the qr scanner it doesnt start sometimes and shows a very small dot. When thats happening and im starting the scanner again it is not going to work. But when i reload my bubble it will work again for a few times.

Does someone regonize this problem and/or can help me with it?

Kind regards,

Stan Holsappel

Kind regards,

Stan Holsappel
Hello Zeroqode,

A few days ago i bought the QR code scanner and reader plugin for bubble. I am using it as a QR code scanner there. When im starting the qr scanner it doesnt start sometimes and shows a very small dot. When thats happening and im starting the scanner again it is not going to work. But when i reload my bubble it will work again for a few times. Can you help me with that problem?

Kind regards,

Stan Holsappel

Hi there @s.holsappel! Thank you for using our plugins. In order to solve this issue you could try create another app by following these instructions and using demo to preview the settings: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/qr-and-bar-code-reader-plugin to make sure everything is configured properly.
If it doesn’t work or you manage to have similar issues, feel free to inform me. In this case I would appreciate if you send screenshots of your plugin + design elements configurations and console log of your browser. Also, please provide me with additional information like Operating System, browser and mobile device you are using.

Note: on iPhone devices the plugin works only in Safari browser. Also, make sure that all browser add-ons are switched off or try run it in incognito mode.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Alexandru

1 Like

Hi @alexandru Thanks for your respond. I`ve tried different browsers on my phone. On firefox it works! But on Samsung Internet version 11.1.1.52 it doesnt work when i press new scan for the second time. The first time im scanning a QR code it works. So i checked my browser settings and i have turned off everythink what has to do with blocking content also the add-ons, but it still doesnt work. Becouse it works on firefox and on my colleagues phone i dont think it has to do with a wrong configuration in the app. I dont know how i can see my browser log. I am using a samsung galaxy a50 with android 9.

Hi @s.holsappel! Thank you for your feedback.

We have tested the plugin also on Samsung Internet and it seems to be working properly on our side. The issue might be in the version of browser on your device. Try to make sure they are updated to the latest version and test the application again. In case it still doesn’t work, I would like to ask you to send screenshots of your problem and configurations of your plugin elements in your application in order to better understand the issue and help you.

Best regards,
Alexandru

1 Like

Hello @alexandru

1 foto is how it should work. And the other 1 the error one.
Can i send you my bubble editor link so you can look yourself? Maybe that`s easier for you?
My samsung internet is up to date and so is my device.

Best regards,

Stan Holsappel

Hi @s.holsappel!

Thank you for the screenshots. Yes, it would be great if you could send us link to your Bubble application. Also, I would appreciate if you add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborators in Settings -> Collaboration so we could check the issue inside your application. Plus, please tell us the name of your Bubble application and page name where you develop it, it would be way easier for us to help you solve the issues.

Note: Don’t pay attention to the alert message regarding Professional Plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add as to your collaborators list.

Best regards,
Alexandru

1 Like

Hello @alexandru i added you to the Collaboration. The bubblename is ForecoApp. Page is Bestellijst. And its group B QR Scan. Can i send the link of my app here or if i do that can everyone use and edit it?

Hi @s.holsappel,

Thank you for feedback. We have already received an email regarding your application with a link also. However, in case you want to share it, you can easily do it with no worries that someone could edit it, but they will be able to use the app, of course. We will try solve the issue you have experienced earlier and get back to you asap.

Best regards,
Alexandru

1 Like

Hi @s.holsappel,

We have tested your application and, indeed, we experience the same dot issue. The problem might be in the workflow logic. Specifically, the start of the live scanner, the moment QR code is detected and starting a new scanner. Try to add a pause before next action after you start live scanner, create a new QR code with the Results content when it is detected instead of stopping the scanner and have a separate button that actually stops it. To make things simple, you can check the workflow logic from here https://bubble.is/page?type=page&name=barcode_2_demo&id=zeroqode-demo-07&tab=tabs-1, adjust it accordingly and test it out again.

Best regards,
Alexandru

1 Like

Hello @alexandru thanks for the help, it works now! What helped was putting a pause after starting the live scanner.

Best regards,

Stan Holsapppel

1 Like

Hey @s.holsappel,

Just reaching out to ask if you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to improve and build more great plugins. Thanks!

Best regards,
Alexandru