Services Plugins FAQs

Question about Outlook Plugin

Hello,

I hope you’re doing well.

I’m trying to associate an access token with a user using the Outlook plugin. However, I’m getting this error message when I try to link it with Outlook.

I’m wondering what information I should enter in the requested fields. Should I enter the Secret ID information on Azure into the Client ID option, or the Application ID (Client)?

I tried both options but I still get the same error message. Am I doing something wrong? The outlook connection works fine though.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello @d.dubeau19, :wave:

I hope you’re doing well too. Thank you for your message. Regarding the error you’re encountering with the plugin, the “AxiosError: Request failed with status code 400” typically indicates a bad request to the server, which could mean that there’s something incorrect or missing in the information you are providing.

From your second screenshot, the ‘Client ID’ field should contain the ‘Application (client) ID’ that you get from Azure, The ‘Client secret’ field in your plugin settings should be the value of the secret you’ve created in the Azure portal for your application.

Here’s what you should ensure:

• Client ID: This should be the ‘Application (client) ID’ from Azure.
  • Client secret: This is the value of the secret associated with your application in Azure.
  • Redirect URI: This needs to match exactly with what you have set in the Azure portal for your application’s redirect URIs. It’s typically the URL of your app where users are redirected after authentication.

If you’ve checked and are sure these values are correct, and you are still receiving an error, there could be other factors at play:

1. Make sure that the Outlook plugin is updated to the latest version.
  2. Review the permission scopes in the Azure portal to ensure you’ve granted all the necessary permissions for the plugin to work.
  3. Verify that the redirect URI is not only correct in Azure but also allowed within the settings of the Outlook plugin.
  4. Check if there are any restrictions on the tenant level that might be preventing the application from authenticating properly.

I would recommend going through the Outlook Plugin Documentation again carefully to ensure all steps were followed correctly.

If the connection to Outlook works fine, but associating the access token fails, it might be a configuration issue with the token endpoint or the scope of permissions requested.

If after these checks the problem persists, please let me know with further details(what you have already implemented, what you want to do next) so we can continue to troubleshoot the issue together.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Daniel.