Services Plugins FAQs

Quickbooks Accounting no purchase objects api

The purchase object is the way to enter expenses into quickbooks. A seemingly important endpoint, but I see no option for it in the plugin. Does the plugin not support this resource?

Hi @melchoir55, thank you for this question.

If I understood you right, in Quickbooks Accounting Plugin (both free and paid versions) besides the existing “Create a Purchase Order” action should be also a “Create a Purchase Object” action?
If so, I passed this to the developer team for research if this endpoint can be added.

If my understanding was wrong, please let me know and share additional details that would help to better understand your request.

Regards,

Correct. A purchase order is not the same thing as a purchase. Can you provide guidance on how to interact with this resource while your team investigates?

I recommend creating a generic endpoint which lets the user specify the route (url) and body manually for when there is a resource you don’t support. There are many resources in the api which are not supported by this plugin.

Hi @melchoir55, thanks for your questions.

I’m afraid that currently, this might be possible only by using the API Connector and setting a corresponding API call.

Thank you for this suggestion, I’ve passed it to the developer team too, so they will check how feasible would be to implement it.

Regards,

In order to do this I need the auth information. Can you tell me how to get that information from the plugin into the API connector?

Hi @melchoir55, sorry for the delayed reply.

The developer team is checking this moment too, once any news will appear, I will let you know asap.

Regards,

Hi @melchoir55, thanks for your patience.

We pushed a plugin update that besides other changes discussed in other forum threads, added this action. Please update your plugin to the following versions and give it a try:

• QuickBooks Accounting - Version: 1.17.0 - Added new “Authentication” actions and “Purchase” calls.

• QuickBooks Sandbox - Version: 1.11.0 - Added new “Authentication” actions and “Purchase” calls.

In following days we will also update the documentation, to be more detailed.

If there will be any other plugin related questions, please let me know.

Regards,