Services Plugins FAQs

QuickBooks Authenticate Plugin Not Working?

It seems this plugin is getting errors. I’ve tried to implement this on my own app (following the documentation) but have had problems.

I then used the debug mode to check the demo page and got similar results.

Any knowledge on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hello @dbevandesigns, we will check this out and I will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you for reaching out,
BR,
Nik

So on @dbevandesigns, we have found an issue, it should be fixed by developers team, I will update you of a matter ASAP with furhter instructions when it will be done.

Thank you for reaching out,
BR,
Nik.

1 Like

Hello there @dbevandesigns, we have fixed the issue with the demo, but the issue was with QuickBooks demo account, not with the plugin.

So on if you have the issues that means that your WF is not set up correctly.
That’s why please could you provide me with your app console errors, and the screenshot of plugin, elements settings.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

1 Like

The Auth seems to work perfect. I believe the Company Details call is the problem. Here’s the error below:

Hello there @dbevandesigns, that means that your parameters for this call aren’t set as they should, in each place where you call Company Details, or another calls you have to put all the tokens from playground regarding the docs, now you have problems with the Company details, check does all these fields are defined, and are equals with data from the Quickbooks?

And does your Access token and other tokens are the same which returns playground.

As a conclusion, you made some errors while setting up these keys or ID, or Token.
I’m happy to help you with it, but you should define which one is wrong cause I don’t have access nor to your app, nor to your playground.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

1 Like

Got it working thanks. I guess now, I’m trying to understand how a user would give my app access to their Quickbooks account.

Hello there @dbevandesigns, could you please provide me with a flow of this functionality, do you mean simple authentication or something else.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

It’s the same flow as your demo. I guess a better question is how will my app access a user’s company id (realm id) so I can use all of the API calls?

Hello there @dbevandesigns, this plugin works in one direction, users can edit, view, delete the data from your company, not from their.

If you wish the flow where each user will access their own companies details you have to use Quickbooks Accounting, not Quickbooks Authenticate. The Quickbooks Authenticate is implemented for web-site owner company, and only your company details will be returned by this API.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.