Services Plugins FAQs

Quickbooks Authenticate Plugin - using the queries

Hi

i finally have the CREATE, UPDATE and READ API calls working – loving using the plugin once i figured out the basics…

but the QUERIES – are totally confusing me and i cannot find any real examples of anything using them

in the pic i attached you can see i am trying to Query Item — with the following query

select ID from Item where FullyQualifiedName=‘Bagels’

i have ran this in the API Explorer on intuits site… but everytime i try this in bubble i am always getting
that the query evalautes to a missing value –

thanks
larry

Hi @larryschul,

Thanks for asking. So, your configurations seem to be correct. The SQL statement is a valid one. You just need to make sure that your Quickbooks is having any Items at all, so it will not evaluate it to a missing value. You can find more info here https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/develop/explore-the-quickbooks-online-api/data-queries#select-statement-syntax.

However, if you have the same issue, please share more details like screenshots of your app and workflows, the steps to reproduce this issue, obtained results etc. So we can try to reproduce this one on our side as well and see whether it is a plugin related issue or not, then provide a better feedback asap.

Best,
Alex

i have tried the queries in the intuit playground

if you look here

you can see how that evaluates to a missing value – but

when i run the query in the API playground on intuits site

i get a response…

Hi @larryschul, thanks a lot for provided screenshots. I’m afraid it seems to be a problem with this data call. Please let us investigate and I’ll notify you back on this matter asap!

Hi @larryschul, we have pushed an update to our plugin. Could you please upgrade to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again. Also, make sure you’re entering valid and appropriate data for companyId and (header) Authorization fields. Give it a try and please let me know if it works. Thanks :pray:

that update seemed to have fixed the problem – i need to play with this whole thing more – but i think i am heading the right direction – -thank you so much for the quick bug fix… .awesome…

Thanks @larryschul for feedback. I’m glad it’s working on your side as well. If you like our plugin so far, could you please rate the plugin by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor. You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins. Thanks :pray: