Services Plugins FAQs

QuickBooks - Pulling the account balance (Checking)

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble finding how I can pull Checking account current amount. I am wondering if some of you encountered this issue and found a solution to it.

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Hello, @northman
Thanks for your question.

Firstly, please specify which exactly plugin are you using within your application. In our portfolio, you can find 3 different plugins.
In the plugin documentation you can check all available Data Calls and Actions, like:

Thus, in order to provide you a more detailed answer, I need to understand what exactly you are willing to create and which plugin you are using :pray:

Best regards,

Thank you for your reply @Ecaterina , the app I am using is QuickBooks Accounting (Quickbooks Accounting Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode). Thank you for the available data calls. I am aware of them, just having trouble navigating them through your plugin, as it feels like I am flying blind and not sure what I am pulling.

My goal is to pull current account’s balance. I am able to do it through QuickBooks - Read Account’s but it’s asking me for account ID which is not dynamic. I am wondering if there is a way to either pull that account ID dynamically to get account’s balance.

Otherwise, I should be able to pull the account’s balance if I am able to filter accounts by subtype “Checking”, but then every time I am trying to do it, I end up with no output.

I was hoping that you or maybe an expert from your team would be able to help me solve this riddle of a problem of how to pull account’s balance for any client that connects through your QuickBooks app.

Thank you once again, hopefully you will be able to help me.

Hello, @northman
I’m sorry for my long reply :pray:

Please allow me to check your request deeply and to revert to a solution. It can take a bit of time due to the weekends.
Thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello, @northman
Thanks for your patience and sorry for my long reply.

We have checked your settings ( on the provided screenshot) and plugin’s available actions.
In order to receive the information about all balance accounts of the user, you should use not the “Read Account” (with indicating the account ID of a specific ACC.), but “Read Accounts”, so using the last call allows receiving the full information without mentioning the specific ID.

Please try it and let me know about the result :pray:
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have tried to use “Read Accounts”, but unfortunately, once selected it’s asks me to add “more” to the function, but there isn’t any option to select from. Please view screenshots. Could you let me know if this is normal?

Hello, @northman
Thanks for reporting this.

During our tests, we also faced this issue. However, it disappeared after a few page reloadings and checking the settings one more time - it disappeared.

Can you please try to remove this action and add it from the beginning?

Hope it will help you and looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina,

I have tried to get to the same stage, but no matter how many times I’ve refreshed the page or how many different browsers I’ve used, I am unable to get the options to appear. I have even used a different computer with a different internet connection to no avail.

Could you please suggest to me what I should do? This is the only problematic API call, the rest of them work.

1 Like

Hello, @northman
Please accept my sincere apologies for this situation :pray:

We discussed internally this situation and decided to push an update to stabilize the plugin performance.
I will notify you once it will be ready, so you will be able to upgrade the plugin’s version and try one more time.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hi @Ecaterina ,

Thank you so much for your help. You’ve been great at responding and trying to help. I am looking forward to the new update as our project is on pause until then. Once again, thank you for prompt replies and your help.

Спасибо!

1 Like

@northman

You are always welcome! I will do my best to revert with an update at the nearest time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,

Hello, @northman
Thanks a lot for your patience.

By this message, I would like to notify you that we upgraded the plugin and now, the “Read Accounts” call works properly.
Here is an example of the configuration:

Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version and give it a try :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina!

I am extremely grateful for your help. I have tested everything and it works like a charm. Thank you so much!!! You’ve been a tremendous help.

One last thing I wanted to mention that I think a lot of users of this extension would find interesting and helpful is if we could connect to the Quickbooks Reports API. I was wondering if you could pass the message to the devs to see if this is something they would consider.

Thank you again for your help, you’ve been fantastic!

Wish you all the best, большое спасибо!

Hello, @northman
Thanks a lot for such warm appreciation from your side.

We’ve talked into consideration the ability to add the possibility to get reports for future plugin updates. We need to see how feasible it will be :slightly_smiling_face:

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :smiley:
The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins :smiley:
Thanks! :pray: