Services Plugins FAQs

Random User Generator: photos?

Hello! I’m new here, so please forgive me if this is an obvious question. I am interested in your Random User Generator, and am wondering if I can use it to generate user photos as well as their names, etc.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @delawrence! :wave:

There’s no such thing as an obvious question here, and we’re happy to help! Yes, the Random User Generator plugin can indeed generate user photos along with names and other details. The plugin uses the randomuser.me API, which provides a variety of random user data including pictures, making it a handy tool for generating placeholder user information for your projects.

For more detailed information on how to implement and customize the plugin for your specific needs, you can refer to the plugin documentation. It will guide you through the process of integrating the plugin with your application on Bubble.

Additionally, for a practical example of how the plugin can be implemented, feel free to explore our demo editor here: Random User Generator Demo Editor. It’s a great way to see the plugin in action and understand the workflows behind it.

If you have any more questions as you start using the plugin, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,
Daniel.

1 Like

Thank you, @Daniel.P! Much appreciated! I am developing a product aimed at the K12 space and will need to be able to generate photos of various ages of students from, say, age 5 to 18. Can it generate kids’ faces based on a generated age?

Hello @delawrence, :wave:

Thank you for sharing more about your project’s scope. It’s important to note that the plugin operates by selecting faces from a predefined, limited library of male and female images: Random User Generator | Photos Unfortunately, this means the faces aren’t generated anew with each request; they’re randomly picked from the existing list.

As a result, the plugin may not support the level of specificity required to generate faces based on a designated age range, such as from age 5 to 18. The selection is more general and may not precisely match the age-specific requirements for your project.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Daniel.

Ah. Got it! I’ll have to keep digging to figure out a solution. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @delawrence, :wave:

Glad to be helpful. :slightly_smiling_face: If you have any more questions or need further clarification as you explore other solutions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Also, if you like our plugins, we’d be grateful if you could take a moment to rate them. For this just go to the Plugins tab in the bubble editor, find plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves.

Wishing you the best of luck with your app development!

Best regards,
Daniel.