Services Plugins FAQs

🗣 Redditly Aggregation like Reddit - New Template from Zeroqode

Hi @adamdaha,

You can change the mobile design of your app in the Responsive tab, select the mobile view and make any changes you’d like:

Also, if you want to make it so when users open your app and see the New posts first, you can change the workflow, so the first state on page load is for the new posts.

Please note that we can only help with customization of your app if you hire us to work on customization of your project. Otherwise, we can only answer general questions regarding template functionality or hint into a right direction so you can make any adjustments you like at your own discretion.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

1 Like

Just want to let you know I recommended Zeroqode on Twitter and gave you 5 stars on the template and since I posted an advertisement for where I got the template 5 people paid $149 for it and hopefully they love it too. We’re trying to be the first successful no-code site so that you have tons of customers reaching out to you and so people like me don’t reach out to a software engineer to scale for similar costs. If you could please perhaps implement in the template allowing the newest posts to be first, so that people don’t get bored with seeing the oldest posts first, it may be why you only have a couple sales for your best built and designed product. Also, please let me know when you figure out why the template doesn’t allow a user to always be logged in.

After that, I’d be glad to invest in you for development, otherwise, to me, it’s incomplete. Thank you.

2 Likes

This is the update from the template following what you mentioned, unfortunately it doesn’t work my friend.

I’ve tried everything. Plus, if this works, and mine becomes successful, I bet dozens of competitors will be buying off of you for this and other templates, so please direct me the right course of action on those two items. Thank you.

It is actually a template error, when you first open up Redditly it says “Hot” posts, which is what I’d love to see, but it shows the oldest posts to the newest. You have to select the tab to find the hot posts. Please let me know how the posts will be properly viewed according to the tabs when loaded (Hot, as is) and also when the login aspect will be fixed so a user doesn’t have to keep refreshing. Thank you!

Hi @adamdaha,

Thank you very much! We highly appreciate it. :pray:

Thank you for your feedback. We have taken into account your suggestions for the possibility of future improvements.

Sure, let me give some insights. When you change the workflow step to set the first state value as new:

It is also important to adjust the category section with default value that you like:

The embedded functionalities are tailored to each other, so it is important to understand how they work, because when customizing the template at your own discretion and changing one functionality, it might/might not affect another one and things could not work as expected. But this shouldn’t be that much of an issue if you have solid experience with Bubble, it will just take some time to tweak this template.

Our development team is already working on this fix. You can be sure that I’ll get back to you with a reply on this matter as soon as possible. :pray:

Thank you again for your patience.

1 Like

Thank you. I know that if I wanted a different functionality I would buy more templates or work with you to help me achieve me goals. However, when you open the template and it’s on the home page, it doesn’t stay on Hot, what it’s listed as. For example, on Redditly, this is what it looks like when I open the template:

As you see, it shows the oldest posts even though on the left hand side it says it shows “Hot” even though it doesn’t. Then, I click “Hot” and it shows this: Therefore, it’s something that can be fixed like the login aspect of the template not keeping logged in. It may be a bubble issue, I’m not sure, but please let me know how when it first opens the home page it stays on the “Hot” content that is created and not the oldest posts. Thank you.

Hi @adamdaha, thank you very much for this feedback. There is a small issue, indeed. When user navigates to the index page for the first time, it should display the text just as All Posts with its appropriate content as it is.
However, when you click on Hot category, it is actually sorting them and displaying them based on hot sorting value.

Let us also fix this one and I’ll notify you back regarding all fixes asap.

Thank you. :pray:

1 Like

If you could fix it so that a user see’s the “Hot” posts when they first open index, as it shows currently, that would be perfect. Along with maintaining login credentials. Thank you.

URL ROUTER FOR NAVIGATION - Stay logged in issue this could be the issue with the template and not being able to keep a user logged in. Please let me know, thank you.

Hi @adamdaha, to keep you updated, we have investigated the issue regarding log out. It is a Bubble related problem. We have reported it to Bubble and I’ll get back to you with feedback on this matter asap.

Thanks for this insight, however, this one is a different logout issue regarding different plugin.

Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Thank you. Please let me know when the two issues are resolved.

Hi @adamdaha, I’m reaching out back with an update.

We have received a response from Bubble regarding the problem with keeping user logged in. Their team is already working on this fix, so we are waiting for another update from them. However, we have pushed an update to our template and fixed the category issue. In order to use the updated version, it is required to create a brand new app with this template.

I’ll notify you back as soon as Bubble solves the problem on their side. Thank you for your patience. :pray:

1 Like

Thank you for the update! I tried the change on the website following the updated template that I already have a lot of content and users on, it doesn’t work, in fact, my website crashed. Therefore, I ask that you edit it for me since I can’t restart the whole project. I will ask for your e-mail to help fix it (could take 5 minutes for you) and we can coordinate when Bubble reaches back to you with the results of why users can’t stay logged in on page load. Thank you Alex! Let me know when Bubble replies.

Hi @adamdaha,

We can make the proper adjustments that have been made to our template in the latest update, however, we cannot guarantee that it might work as expected, based on the changes that have been made by you to your app. But, let us check on it, first.

Go to Settings - Collaboration tab within your editor. Add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborator’s list. Also, please tell us your app name and page name where this problem occurs on test.

Note: avoid the warning message regarding plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

We’ll check on it and I’ll get back with a reply on this matter asap.

Hi @adamdaha, regarding Bubble issue, we are still waiting on it. In order to try to speed up the process, you could also report the bug yourself here https://bubble.io/bug_report as it may increase the chances of issue being fixed much faster. Thank you.

Hi @adamdaha,

Bubble has fixed the bug with keeping users logged in. Create a new app from template, to check the fix.
You can give it a try again.

Thank you for your patience. :pray:

Hi @alexandru - Great job with the template. I’m new to Bubble and so far it has been pretty easy to use.

One question, can users edit their posts? I don’t see any options to allow the original post creator to edit their post. Let me know, thanks!

Hi @ececec2020,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m afraid the post editing functionality is not available in this template, but the good thing is that everything about these templates can be customized, so you are absolutely free to add such if you will!

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex

Hello,

Just purchased this template. im trying to locate how to assign myself admin rights to change the names of the communities and add communities.

Hi @horaciorivas,

Thanks for reaching out. Sure thing, please use the following doc section for Admin Rights:

https://docs.zeroqode.com/templates/redditly-aggregation-like-reddit-template#admin-dashboard

And in order to edit/add Communities, you can go to Data -> App data tab in your Bubble editor and add manually.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex