Services Plugins FAQs

Remove/Change/Move markers on google maps

I’m trying to either remove change or move markers on a google map. I have both the google map plugin and also the map extender.

I’m trying toggle markers visibility but this applies to all markers and I want to hide/show a specific one.

I’m also trying to change the markers data in bubble database but the data is only refreshed after reloading the map. I see its possible to use map extender “reset map” action but this reloads the map without the specific styles and customization specified to it and its not idea since it requires reloading all the markers.

Any ideas?

To do so, you need to start navigating. Then you can tap the arrow icon and a small pop-up menu will let you change the vehicle icon accordingly . It works in exactly the same way as it does on the iPhone already, but the icon will only appear when you begin driving.

Hi @amir.yaari, thanks for your message.

I’ve passed this to the developer team, so they will check what could be done in this regard.

Once any feedback will appear, I will let you know asap.

Regards,

Hi @amir.yaari, sorry for the lack of news so far.
The developer team’s research is ongoing, hopefully, some results will appear in the following days.

In the meanwhile, please let me know if there are any other plugin-related questions that I can help with.

Regards,

Hello @amir.yaari,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I wanted to inform you that we’ve made updates to the live demo page of the Google Map Extender plugin. All the features you requested can now be easily achieved through a simple setup in Bubble. Please have a look at the plugin demo editor page here: https://zeroqode-demo-12.bubbleapps.io/map_extender

Additionally, Bubble’s Google Map Extender Plugin has received significant updates this month:

• Updated action: “Add the list of markers” - Version 1.46
  • Updated marker and route actions - Version 1.48

I hope you find this information helpful. If you have any further questions regarding the plugin or anything else, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Thank you so much! that is great news.

I’m still looking forward to the option of moving markers around the map hopefully without having to use the reset map action.

Hello @amir.yaari,

Our apologies for the delayed response :pray:

To better understand your request, could you please clarify whether you are referring to adding or removing markers on the map element, or if you mean physically grabbing and moving existing markers around on the map?

This clarification will help us accurately address your request and consider it for future improvements.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Wishing you a great day :hugs:

Thank you for the response :slight_smile:

To make it simple, imagine a marker on the map indicates a user who is on the move and is sharing their live location. So I want to update the marker position on the map accordingly. It looks like its possible to do so with the reset map work flow action in the demo provided by Igor, but that would probably not work well unless the we update the movement every minute or so.

Also using the reset map workflow action sometimes messes up customized styling for the map but I’m assuming that’s fixable.

Also to grab a marker with a drag and drop style action is a desired action, but that is a separate request.

Hello @amir.yaari,

For the kind of use case you’ve described, I’d like to recommend our MapBox plugin, which offers features like live tracking of users, along with many additional functionalities such as drag and drop. We have a demo page that showcases how the plugin works, and if you’d like to test these functionalities within your app, you can subscribe to the plugin for testing purposes. You can unsubscribe after a day or two if it doesn’t meet your specific requirements, and you’ll only be charged for the number of days you used the plugin.

I’ve also added your suggestions to our improvement list for the plugin, and when an update is released with these features, I’ll be sure to let you know.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us here on the forum or via email at support@zeroqode.com.

Cheers! :hugs: