Services Plugins FAQs

Reseting File Uploader

Hello!

My application has a file uploader feature that initializes via workflow (‘upload files’ button). The trouble I have is resetting the file uploader after the file has been uploaded. Currently, the file uploader settings does not include ‘Clear after uploading’; it was disrupting Step 3.

My workflow:
Step 1: When button is clicked: start uploader
Step 2: Do when condition is true = uploader all files uploaded is yes
Action 2.1: Trigger Custom event (Folder upload)
Step 3: (Folder upload)
Action 3.1: Make changes to folder: Files add uploader’s files
Action 3.2: Remove file from uploader

The file upload is successful but the reset doesn’t not work -
What I’ve tried:

• Remove file from a uploader; this action does not clear the uploader (even with the clear upload setting) but it allows me to upload more files
  • Remove file from Azure a uploader; This action clears the uploader but it does not allow me to upload more files
  • Reset input; this action does nothing

Has anyone experienced something similar? I’d also be open to adjustments to the workflow!

Anything helps! Much appreciated.

Hi @hasan, thanks for your message.
As possible solutions for your case, please try the following after step 3.1

• instead of Action 3.2 do the reset of the group with the uploader element

• or, add a 2-3 second pause before Action 3.2, to have a proper file removal from the element.

Hope it helps. If provided advice didn’t help, please share a video with your use case (setup and workflows) and desired result, we will check it.

Regards,

Hey Serg -

Thank you for the response. Please find a short video explaining my workflow and set up. I tried both options but neither seem to work. Maybe I have something wrong in my workflow or set up? Let me know what you think!

Thank you so much -
Hasan

Hi @hasan, thanks for the provided video.
It might be something that skipped our attention and is influencing the process.

Would it be convenient for you to clone the “project” page on “project_zq” page and add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app?
That will allow us to check what’s wrong with your setup and test it out in our workspace.

Enter your Bubble editor page → Settings → “Collaboration” tab → Invite a user (email).

(Note: disregard the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.)

I will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.
In case it is ok for you, please let me know.

Regards,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I’m running into a similar issue. I have a workflow that runs when the wasabi upload is successful. The actions creates list of the uploaded files urls in bubbles database.

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 9.56.45 PM

Then I have the “Reset File Uploader WasabiS3” action.

The issue I’m having is when files are uploaded to the element a second time, I’m getting a list of the urls from the previous upload which I thought were removed on the “reset file uploader wasabi” action.

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for your message.
I’ve tried to replicate your case and the files were registered properly.

Summary

wasabi

Please try to use the “text” data type for the created thing.

If the issue will persist, please let me know.

Regards,

Thanks for the response Serg. The issue is still happening.

The data types are all text. I think the issue is that the action to save the “last uploaded file” is saving the name of the previous files within the url. Or it’s the way the names are being saved to wasabi on the second upload.

As soon as I switched from “last uploaded files” to “Wasabis3’s files” to save the name, the name started saving correctly. But I need to use the “last uploaded files” in order to save the urls since they’re is no option to save the urls from “WasabiS3’s files”. I only see that option from “last uploaded files”
Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 5.13.30 PM

Here is how the urls are saving. The data type at the bottom of the list is saving correctly. This one is from the first upload. The one at the top of the list is after reseting the uploader and uploading two more files. The names are saving correclty but the url is not. (because its using the “last uploaded”)

Here’s a full view of one of the urls thats saving incorrectly on the second upload. As you can see the url is being saves with each of the previously uploaded files names added to the url. The url should not contain “blue2.png, blue.png” in the highlighted part. It should just be “orange 1.png”

The url is also saving this way in wasabi. So technically bubble is saving the correct url.

Here’s how the names are being save on the upload to wasabi workflow. Again it saves the name and url correctly on the first upload but when it is reset and more files are uploaded the names/urls save with the previous files names included. I changed the upload name from “last uploaded” to “files” and it made it even worse.
Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 5.30.25 PM

Here’s a video walk through of the names saving correctly on the first upload but saving incorrectly on the second upload.

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for the additional details provided.

Please check the Wasabi S3 element setup, if the “Auto Submit” option is enabled or not, possibly being enabled + upload action results in a doubled file name.

In case the Auto Submit option is off, and the issue still persists, please please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application (as well as the page and user under which I can replicate your use case).
This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.

Regards,

P.S.

This state relates to files added to the Wasabi S3 element (but not uploaded yet), thus it doesn’t come with the URL state.

Thanks! I added zerocode as a collaborator and sent and email to that address with the login info.

1 Like

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for the provided access and additional information.
I’ve passed it on to the developer team for research. Once any results will appear, I will let you know asap :pray:

Regards,

Hi @cohereandnow, the developer team checked your case and provided feedback.

The issue appears due to the used prefix (which is not reset together with the Wasabi element on reset action) adding the full name of the previously uploaded file.

As a solution, please use dynamic values that depend on another element or use a fix static value.

Hope this helps. If any other questions appear, please let me know.

Regards,

What do I enter for the name to save each files name with it’s correct file?

Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 8.00.09 PM

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for your question.

The file name prefix for upload is a static value that is used for the upload of all files added to the Wasabi S3 element, so in the screenshot above it adds the names of all uploaded files to each file.

I’m afraid that to implement the desired case (adding each file’s full name as a prefix), you would need to trigger the upload action for each uploaded file.
Please check if the use of the Ultimate Toolkit plugin might be useful for you, see some similar cases here: ☁️Wasabi Cloud Storage Plugin - #511 by ZeroqodeSupport - Plugins - Bubble Forum

Hope this helps. Let me know if there are any other questions that I can help with.

Regards,

1 Like