Services Plugins FAQs

Retrieve Customer API call failing

I have had some errors appear on the development site I am using within the uplance template!

It looks like it could be an issue with the Retrieve Customer call within the Stripe Custom API. Whenever I try to initialize it pops up with a 404 error. See screen shots below. Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 15.07.43|690x416 Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 15.05.47

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 15.08.36

Hi, @david.law!

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you please share sep by step what have you done to receive this error to replicate the steps and understand better what went wrong? Also, please clarify have you done any changes in the template related to this issue?

Best, Julia.

Hi Julia,

Thanks for coming back to me. I am still in development and so haven’t made any major changes to the template yet.

So far, I have;

• updated the colour scheme across the site
  • amended the option sets for tags and categories
  • added in the social media login ‘keys’
  • added the secret keys for stripe into Key Value and Development Key Value fields in API connector
  • added the keys into the Stripe plugin itself.

I’ve not touched any of the Workflows themselves.

I have also just checked a copy of the base template as received (untouched or edited) and the 404 errors appear whenever I ‘initialitize’ the api calls in api connector in this version as well - although the sk test keys were the versions originally entered into the template.

Many thanks,
Dave

Hi, @david.law!

Thanks for the details. Let me check this out and I’ll reach back to you asap.

Best, Julia.

1 Like

Hi, @david.law!

So, this issue is appearing because there is no Customer ID indicated.

Please make sure that you have set the Keys and customer ID and give it another try.
Note: If you are using our the template you don’t need to initialize the call just set the Keys and ID.

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.

Thanks @Julia. I added in a random customer id to test and it resolved the issue log, but just for clarification, should the customer ID parameter value in your screenshot be empty for testing and live deployment?

The customer id is presumably populated based on the user’s details rather than defaulting to a fixed account?

Hi, @david.law!

This customer ID parameter should be indicated in the once to initialize the call and after the success initialization, you may remove it and leave empty in order to use the dynamic data in the action.

Best, Julia.

1 Like

Perfect - I’m with you. What you’re politely saying is that I messed it up by initialising the call in the first place! Lesson learnt! :grinning:

Thanks for your help with this @Julia, it’s really appreciated.
Many thanks,
Dave

2 Likes

Hi, @david.law!

I am so glad that you have figured this out! :slightly_smiling_face:

If you like our template you can rate it by going to Template tab in Bubble editor. Find the template by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :slightly_smiling_face:
The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great templates :slightly_smiling_face:

Best, Julia.