Services Plugins FAQs

Reveal & Hide Password - multiple instances on same "page" possible?

Hi Zeroqode folks–

First off, loving the Reveal & Hide Password plugin for Bubble as it solves a great usability issue with account creation.

I am curious if it is possible to use multiple instances of it on the same “page”. I’m using a modified version of the default Signup/Login Popup reusable element so technically, that pop-up is available on all pages, due to being launched from a button in the global site header.

In the “profile” page, I’d like to enable customers to be able to update their email address (their primary ID) which requires they enter their password to update it as it is their main account identity.

When I tried to apply the Reveal & Hide Password function to a password field in the profile page, it seems to cancel out the one used in the Signup/Login popup (presumably because Bubble sees them as being in the same page). I’ve tried renaming the second instance to ‘Reveal B’ (instead of ‘Reveal A’) but it seems that only one of the plug-in instances can be working at a time.

It’s not a huge issue (for the moment I’m not going to use it on the profile page, figuring that it is more important for when the customer signs up/signs in) but was curious if perhaps there is something I’m missing.

Thanks for the great code and commitment to the no code universe!

Hi @rsszombie,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please share screenshots and/or screencast of your app setups so we can actually see and try to replicate it on our side, because it would speed things up to provide a better feedback on this matter.

We’ll check on this scenario on our side with exact steps to reproduce, then get back to you asap!

Best,
Alex

Thanks Alex – I will try to get that put together this weekend and post.

1 Like

DOH! wouldn’t you know it. I found my issue. I had forgotten to change the HTML ID on the second password field to something different than was on the first. Changed its name slightly and the Reveal & Hide module works as expected.

User error :blush:
Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Hi @rsszombie,

Thanks for confirming! I’m glad it is working on your end as well.

Just asking if you like our plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins!

Gladly! Thanks again for your patience with this n00b!

1 Like