Services Plugins FAQs

Reveal & Hide Password Plugin for Bubble

Trying to use your reveal and hide password plugin.

I have a textbox that I load a password string into from a Bubbles DataType. In the Data Type, the field is Password and the Data Type is Text. I have an input field on a page called Password that I load the value of the Password field into using a Get Path from URL statement. This all works fine.

I installed your Plugin. I added the Reveal A object to the Page. I set the id attribute of the object to the value Pawd as shown in your demo. I set the id attribute of the Password input object to pawd. And I set the Content type to Password.

I added an Icon object to the page and set it using the Eye Icon (Icon Fa Fa-eye). I set a condition where Reveal A Toggle Visible is ‘yes’ and set the Icon to be the eye icon with the slash through it. I set the id attribute to pawd.

I create a workflow that runs when the Eye Icon is clicked. And I put a Toggle Reveal A is ‘yes’ as an action. One thing I notice is I don’t have an id field in the action where your demo editor shows the value pawd.

When I preview the page, the password field value is masked with “******”. When I click on the eye icon in step-by-step debug mode, I see the Action being run, but the password doesn’t get displayed (revealed).

I’m not sure how to fix this so it will work correctly - and on any password field I want to use in my project.

Thanks
Steve

I figured it out from the thread on the Bubble forum that I was using the wrong Workflow Trigger. It works now.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello, @s.arndt!
Apologies for the late reply. :pray:

Good to know you have figured out this issue! Please feel free to reach out when you need some assistance. Our team will be glad to help :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a good day.