Services Plugins FAQs

Reviewly template - custom search on google maps

Hello all, question Reviewly template which I can’t find the answer to.

In the template there is a possibility to search for places by location through Google Map (prescribed by Google Api).

1. I created a test place (Moscow)

2. approved the location in the admin panel

3. I have registered the location on the home page

But when you try to find a spot, you’ll see a standard map of New York

What am I doing wrong? How do I get maps to show the location in search? Thank you for your help

Hello, @malvick1982

You did everything right, there was needed a few additional steps to make it work. So besides what you did, you should go to the search page. Open the RepeaatingGroup Business and modify the (Get location from URL is “xx”) to the location you specified in the link from the index page. Also, open Search for business options and change there the location.

Please let me know if you will have any other questions.

Best Regards.
Alex.

1 Like

Alex, thank you for the detailed instructions, now everything works.

1 Like

Hey, Alex.
Another question on the Reviewly template.

I can’t configure the Recent Activity and New in columns as planned in the template.

And screen my site

There are new places, ratings and comments on them on the site, but they are not displayed there. Tell us how to do this.

Hello @malvick1982

Considering that our template is working correctly I assume that the issue appeared on your side. Probably you have changed something in the database or in the setting of the elements and that caused this issue. What I can suggest is to check the default version of the template and make sure it is the same on your side. You can check the default version by creating another app from the same template. Please take special attention to the database and the settings of groups and elements https://prnt.sc/pzk896

I hope this will help!

Best Regards,
Alex.

I checked it all out, just like in a template. But it does not appear. I did not change the database. Is it possible that someone looked at my site inside and found an error?

I’m sorry, I’m just getting acquainted with bubble and may not see the obvious things for others.

Hi @malvick1982,

No problem, just add support@zeroqode.com as collaborators to your app and I will check what is the problem. To do this you need to open Setting > Collaboration and invite support@zeroqode.com using the “Invite a user” field.

Regards,
Alex.

Thank you, added.
Thank you in advance for your help

I checked your app and the functionality is working fine. The Recent Activity and New in blocks are empty because the database is empty.

So there is nothing to show. You can see that the functionality works by simply adding some test entry.

Regards,
Alex.

Dev and live databases are different, do I understand correctly that in order for everything to work I need to copy the base from live to dev?

There are entries in the Live database

Yes, dev and live databases are different. Everything already works and you can see it if you will check your live version.

Regarding copying the databases you can do that to have the possibility to test the functionality on dev version of the app.

Alex, tell me more icons on the phone where I’m wrong. When adding an icon to Android, the site icon appears correctly

When adding an icon to IOS, it is not displayed correctly.

Thank you

Hello @malvick1982,

Could you please specify which solution did you used for adding the icons?

Regards,
Alex

Hello Alex,
In the general section, I use several options.

A small resolution for favicon and below in the IOS apperance section is the recommended size for each of the items. The logo is also used in SEO/metatags - Thumbnail used for links (from here the icon is taken?)

Thanks for answer

Hi @malvick1982,

Thank you for the details, unfortunately, it appears to be a bug from Bubble. We cannot fix it from our side. Please submit a bug report here: https://bubble.io/bug_report

Regards,
Alex

1 Like