Services Plugins FAQs

Ridely + Stripe Marketplace Express Plugin Configurations Issues

I installed the Ridely template and Stripe Marketplace Express Plugin today and have encountered a few bugs and issues I’d like your help with please :slight_smile:

1. The inspector shows me this error
The service Stripe marketplace - Retrieve a customer's payment methods just returned an error (HTTP 401). Please contact the plugin author directly for feedback. Raw error:

{
  "error": {
    "message": "You did not provide an API key. You need to provide your API key in the Authorization header, using Bearer auth (e.g. 'Authorization: Bearer YOUR_SECRET_KEY'). See https://stripe.com/docs/api#authentication for details, or we can help at https://support.stripe.com/.",
    "type": "invalid_request_error"
  }
}
  1. Driver Page > Payments > Add Stripe Account
    The link with the text “Have an account? Click to signin” leads to this error:
{"error":{"message":"Invalid request: Invalid redirect URI 'https://uber-clone.bubbleapps.io/version-test/driver_page'. Ensure this uri exactly matches one of the uris specified in your application settings"}}
  1. I plan to use this app in Brazil so there are a couple of issues related to this:

a) How do I change the currency so that all payments are in Brazilian Reals? My account in Stripe is set up for Brazil.

b) How do I change the user onboarding in the Stripe Marketplace Express Plugin so that my drivers are asked for the right information for them to open their connected account?

BTW, I added support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator to my installation
Ridely | Homepage

Hello, @portosha
Thanks for reaching out.

Please find below my replies on each of your question:

Please note that your error means that you haven’t configured the API keys for the plugin.
You need to carefully follow the documentation for setting up correctly this plugin:

After it, make sure that you filled all the required information here:

This error means that your redirect is not configured in your Workflow. Right now, this redirect is working for our Demo Page, but it can’t work for you in the same way, so you need to set up your own redirect.

You need to manually change every element, where is indicated US (related to the plugin and design).For example here:

When you will finish everything related to the Stripe plugin in your application and Stripe account, you can try the test ride, where you will check the currency of the charging.

Please note that every driver should provide their real information for creating the Stripe account since exactly this account will receive money and Stripe should confirm it. Probably, it would not be confirmed in case of false information.

I need to point out that you can’t change the process of registering the user from the Stripe side.

I’m sorry, but we are not dealing with configuring the plugins in the user’s applications. So, you need to manually investigate the documentation for the plugin and configure it.
We provide general support and help in case of product bugs.
However, here are no bugs, just an incomplete setups.

Best regards,

Thanks @Ecaterina

1. This is solved, thanks. FYI, I noticed that the documentation differs from the screen currently presented in Bubble (the documentation doesn’t display any fields for the Stripe Secret Key).

1. Thanks, this is solved.

2. Thanks. This is solvable - do you happen to know if there is an easy way to find all such elements? manually hunting them down will be time-consuming and likely to be error-prone. Do you have a list or other way for me to identify every single element that should be updated?

3. I understand your point, but to push back, I’m probably not the only customer who will want to set up Stripe Express with clients who are not based in the US. If you could provide the guidance here it would be a very helpful reference which would continue to provide value in the future.

In my case, the issue is not of providing fake info to create a Stripe account, the issue is that to register accounts for non-US clients, Stripe requires different types of information (for example, for US clients, routing numbers must be 9 digits and anything else is rejected, whist foreign routing numbers are often not 9 digits … for US-clients they ask for the last 4 digits of the SSN whilst non-US clients don’t have US SSNs … )

This is surely just a simple and, perhaps, single configuration change - for the plug-in to communicate to Stripe the origin of the client … please reconsider your position and provide this guidance for all customers who may face this issue going forward :slight_smile:

Hey, @portosha

Indeed, it’s just a bit old screenshot, however, you can open the Plugin’s settings even on the plugin’s Demo Page and you’ll find all the required fields:

Unfortunately, we don’t have such a list. It is not a part of the functionality, so we haven’t created documentation about the usage of $ in the app. You will find all these symbols ( design part) during your work with the template.
As for functionality, you need to check elements, related to the Stripe in your Workflow, for example this one:

Anyway, you will need to verify all the workflows, related to Stripe, in order to verify the settings and change some parts of them, so you will see currency there.

It can take some time, but you will be sure that the currency will be correct and the plugin will be configured correctly.

I completely understand your feelings, but please note that the process of registering into Stripe is not related to the plugin, but only to the platform itself.
We are not dealing with it and can’t create any instructions for this case, since we are not representatives of the Stripe platform.
All official information about methods of registration and required information could be found on Stripe.com
Information needed to open a Stripe account in Brazil : Stripe: Help & Support

If I can help you with anything else - let me know.
Best regards,