Services Plugins FAQs

Search & Auto Complete in reusable element

I am trying to use this in a reusable element with a focus group and it doesn’t seem to work, The reusable element is used in multiple popups on one page which I think may be the problem, is there any work around to get this to work as it should?

Hello @dpaget21,

Thank you for your message!

To help us better understand this unexpected behavior you’re experiencing, could you please provide a video recording using a tool like Loom, demonstrating your setup? Please ensure you include the settings of the Input elements, the Search & Autocorrect elements settings, and the settings for reusable elements. Feel free to share any additional settings you think are necessary for us to know.

Please keep in mind that if you have multiple reusable elements or popups, it’s essential to ensure that the IDs linking the input elements and the plugin elements are unique to avoid any interference.

We will do our best to resolve this issue :pray:

Cheers :hugs:

Hello @dpaget21,

Thank you for sending over the video. I just wanted to let you know that we have received it.

I’ll be sure to follow up with you as soon as I have additional information to provide. I apologize for any delay in communication.

Hello @dpaget21,

I’ve come across a similar issue with another user that seems to mirror yours.

The problem arises due to the static IDs in the “Search&Autocorrect” element and the Input element. Without refreshing the page to reset the fuzzy search after its initial use, the element retains the data from its previous session.

The solution that worked involved assigning a unique string to the IDs each time the focus group or popup is activated. This can be achieved by setting up a custom state filled with a Random String using the “calculate formula” option. An example of this setup can be viewed [by clicking here]. Additionally, adding the “reset input” action from the plugin after and before closing the popups might help clear previous searches.

Please try implementing these suggestions on your end, and let us know if you need assistance with the setup or if the problem persists.