Services Plugins FAQs

Select RG Cells by Dragging in nested repeating group

Hi,
Is it possible to use the Select RG Cells by Dragging plugin on a nested repeating group? I’ve managed to get the plugin to work on a single repeating group, but for my use case it would be very helpful if it also worked on a nesting repeating group.

In detail: I have built a ‘calendar view’ that shows one single week with several one hour time slots every day. For the weekdays I have built a RG with 7 columns (one for each day). Inside this RG I have nested a second RG which contains the timeslots (type ‘date’).
Every timeslot in this setup has its own unique time.

With the plugin I want to select the cells inside the nested RG, that contain the timeslots.

Hi @jonas_b,

Please accept our apologies for the late reply. :pray:

To use the plugin in the way you need, please allow us to provide you with an example and some advice on getting the required result:

• Let’s say we have two RG, and two plugin elements. For this case, you need to place 2 different plugin elements on your page (each of them should be related to the specific RG).
  • For your first RG, you need to set the ID, as indicated in the plugin’s documentation: Screenshot by Lightshot 4
  • For the second RG, your ID should be created in the following way: Lightshot — screenshot tool for Mac & Win

Please check out our example setup and replicate it on your side: Zeroqode-demo-23 | Bubble Editor

If you need any additional information, please let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @Gulce,

Thanks for your reply.

I think there was a misunderstanding. I was talking about the Select RG Cells by Dragging plugin, not a plugin for draggable RGs.

Do you have an idea if this plugin can be used on a nested RG as well?

Thanks!
Jonas

Hi @jonas_b

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Let me please check it with our developer team, I will get back to you as soon as possible. :pray:

Best regards,
Gulce

1 Like

Hi @jonas_b,

Thank you for your patience. :pray:

The plugin works with nested nested RGs. For each repeating group we place an element of the plugin and add an ID to the cell from RG.

rg1

We also set the prefix in the plugin element.

Could you please check our test page and replicate it on your side? Appkit | Bubble Editor

Please let me know if you face some blocking difficulties. It will be a pleasure to cooperate.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @Gulce ,
Thanks a lot for your reply. That was already helpful.

One follow up question: The ‘Selected Cells’ of ‘Plugin DragSelect copy’ might contain an index several times. E.g. when picture 1 has been selected in RepeatingGroup Masonry 1,2 and 3 ‘Plugin DragSelect copy’s Selected Cells’ will contain the cell index ‘1’ 3 times.
Is there a way to distinguish between those Selected Cells with the same cell index? E.g. by somehow saving the unique ID of the cells or the Current Cells’s data?

1 Like

Hi @jonas_b

Glad to be helpful! :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, due to how plugin elements function, each plugin element saves data for its respective Repeating Group (RG). For instance, Plugin Element 1 saves data only for RG 1, while Plugin Element 2 saves data for RG 2.

If you would like it not to be repeated when the same cell is selected, you can use “unique elements”:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Gulce