Services Plugins FAQs

Sendgrid contacts id retrieve works intermittently

Hi

I’ve setup a scheduled API id retrieval after signup, but in some cases the id does not appear in DB.

As you can see from the video I am running this as a bulk operation on two different and existing contacts in Sendgrid. One id gets retrieved, the other does not.

Thanks for help.

Hi @floripaolo,
Thanks for reaching out!

Would it be possible for you to grant access to your app so that we can investigate the issue?

To do this, please add our email, support@zeroqode.com, as a collaborator to your app. This will allow us to check the settings and configurations with our developer team to find the root cause of the issue. :pray:

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Gulce

hi @Gulce

I added ZQ.

Thanks

Thanks! @floripaolo, Let us please investigate the issue you are having. I will get back to you as soon as I have any news. Have a good day!

1 Like

Hi @Gulce

I think I know why this cannot work: the search contacts API call only returns max 50 contacts (the last 50 signups in my case). Older contacts will never be returned.

This retrieve all contacts API call actually cannot retrieve all contacts…

Hi @floripaolo,
Thank you for your message. :pray:

You are absolutely right. I’ve already informed our developer team about this limitation, and we are currently looking into possible solutions. I will make sure to keep you updated on any progress we make. If you have any other questions or need further assistance in the meantime, please let me know.

Best,
Gulce

1 Like

Hello

On the other hand I’ve setup a workflow that retrieves the Sendgrid id right after signup (90 seconds).
In which case the contact should appear.
But there are still instances where the id is missing (maybe 5%).

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 15.12.56

Right now I am updating them manually.

Hello @floripaolo,
Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. :pray:

I took a close look at your app and conducted tests to replicate the issue you mentioned. Specifically, I focused on the conditional workflow where the SendGrid ID is supposed to be saved. What I found is that there’s a slight delay (more than 90 seconds) in the appearance of the SendGrid ID after the workflow runs. It doesn’t save immediately, but if you wait for a little while (in some cases more), the ID will eventually show up.

This delay could be due to factors like network speed or the time it takes for the SendGrid service to process and generate the ID. However, the ID is being saved, even if it takes a bit of time to become visible.

Also, I made sure to configure the conditional workflow to run every time when the id is empty. Screenshot by Lightshot

Could you please double check and let me know if it works for you as well? Please let me know if the problem persists or if I missed something. I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Gulce

1 Like

Hi Gulce

Yes I know that Sendgrid takes some time to update it’s info. I tried to solve this by scheduling the retrieve sg ID 90 seconds (now I increased to 2 minutes) after signup.

Even after this lag time I got the issue.

Lets see how it works with your setup.

Thanks for help.

Hi @floripaolo,
Thank you for your response.

Running the conditional workflow every time should help resolve the issue you’re facing. However, if you continue to encounter the same problem, please let me know. On my end, whenever I create a new user, the ID is pulled without any issues.

Regarding the limitation of 50 contacts, I’m afraid there isn’t much we can do to overcome this restriction. :pray:

1 Like

Hello

What I noticed is following some workflows just cannot use the ID for some reason. For example my signup workflow for sendgrid “add_lead”:

I’ve setup the signup in the following order:

1. Right during signup the user gets added to “Lead” (which always works, because there is no ID involved)
  2. I run the “retrieve_sg_id” WF after 2 minutes. This seems to work according to the log. (the retrieval you run after 30" does not seem to work according to the log

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 13.19.01

Scheduled on signup to run 2 minutes later:

1. Workflow “check_sg_popup” runs 3 minutes after signup. Here, although the contact retrieval has no Sendgrid ID, I get a positive reply on “widget” (if the user is on a specific list). The following action fails also because of a lack of user ID (remove Lead). Then the WF stops because of the error.

But in reality the ID was not missing, and is still recorded in the user.

Thanks a lot.

Hi @floripaolo,

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the problem you reported. I’ve tested several times, but the “get contact info” action can get the id without an issue.

Here is an example:

We save the id in the database:

Add the contact to the list:

Get contacts info to run the following workflow (remove from the list depending on list id):

I need to understand which exact cases it cannot return the id in the “get contacts info” action. Because in your example the problem is in this action as far as I understand.

I want to check this problem with our developer team and help you but first I need to reproduce the issue. Could you please provide more information or a video recording demonstrating the issue?

I will be looking forward to hearing from you. :pray:

Hey @floripaolo,
I’m attempting to build an unsubscribe feature from lists for my users. However, I’m running into the issue previously discussed above about finding that contact’s email when it’s not in the last 50 contacts of Sendgrid. Are there any workarounds here to find the “Current User” from my Bubble database in Sendgrid and remove them from a list?

Hello

I’ve setup a API query with API connector. There you can search by email and save the ID etc.

I hope that helps!

Basically it’s much easier to use the API connector than ZQ’s plugin… As you can deduct from the thread, they weren’t even aware of the problem.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 07.08.05

@floripaolo … you my lad are a gentleman and a scholar. You helped me so so much and I can’t say thanks enough for taking the time for the screenshots. So appreciative of you today.

1 Like