Services Plugins FAQs

SendinBlue/Brevo : mail + attachment error

Hello everyone !

I am trying to send an email after generating a .csv through my bubble backend. I’ve tried my best, but this error got the best of me, and I can’t figure out how to solve it. No mention of this in the forum either. Has anybody encountered this before ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

1 Like

Hello @singjoe.shek,

Thank you for contacting us, and I apologize for the delay in my response over the weekend.

Regarding your request, the HTTP 400 error message you received occurs when some of the data sent to the server is either incorrect or unrecognized.

To help us troubleshoot further, would it be convenient for you to share additional details about how you’ve set up the action and the related workflow? Specifically, screenshots or screencasts would be very helpful. Additionally, could you please try performing the same action with a different file, such as a PDF or another CSV file, to see if the message is correctly sent to your email? This will help us determine if the issue is related to the specific file type being sent.

Your cooperation will greatly assist us in better understanding your situation and providing a more accurate solution.

Thank you again for your patience, and I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. It turns out the action worked after I removed the “name” element from the json. As for the setup, I don’t think there is anything out of ordinary : I generate a CSV through a plugin, and incorporate its URL (via “result of step X”) into the “url” element, under “attachment” of the json. Since it worked once I removed the “name”, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Best regards,

SJ

1 Like

Hello @singjoe.shek,

Thank you for your message.

It’s great to hear that you found a solution by removing the name from the JSON. However, we have been unable to reproduce the issue on our end. Removing or setting the name field worked fine for us. Could you please provide more details? Specifically, could you share screenshots of how you set up the action, the JSON structure, and which exact “name” field you removed?

If it was the “attachment”: “name”, please make sure that it includes the proper file extension, like “.pdf” or “.txt”. Omitting this might lead the server to not recognize the file correctly, which could be the cause of the invalid request error you were encountering.

Thanks again, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello,

It seems you are exactly right on the mark. If you look at the screenshot in my original post, the input was “name” : “test”, without any extension, hence the issue.

Thank you for your time and answers !

1 Like

Hello @singjoe.shek,

Thank you for your confirmation.

I also noticed that detail in your first image, and I’m glad to hear we managed to identify the cause. Please feel free to reach out anytime you have a question or need assistance—it’s always a pleasure to cooperate.

By the way, if you find the plugin and our support helpful, we would be very grateful if you could take a moment to leave a review at Review

Your feedback is incredibly valuable to both us and the Bubble community, as it drives us to continue developing outstanding products and maintaining excellent customer service. :blush:

Thank you once again, and I wish you a fantastic weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Stefan