Services Plugins FAQs

Sign-In With Apple Failure - Cannot Convert to Bubble

Hello,
I’ve followed the sign-in instructions provided by Zeroqode for setting up the sign-in with Apple functionality. Looking at the network packets, I’m successfully getting a response from “applesignin” the appropriate user data. Unfortunately, the next packet is a GET that says:

Request URL: https://app.mymedcard.app/version-test/?message=Cannot%20read%20property%20%27convert_to_bubble_instance%27%20of%20undefined

What does this failure mean and why is bubble, or more specifically, the plugin, unable to read the data returned by Apple? The initialization worked perfectly (once I figured out user data is only sent once to a sign-in requestor).

Hello, @jberry
Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the experience you faced with the plugin. :pray:

Unfortunately, we can’t investigate or reproduce the issue without more details from your side. Please attach all the necessary info like:

• screenshots of the Backend Workflow of the plugin;
  • the description of what you wanted to achieve;
  • how to reproduce your issue;

Looking to hear you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,

Environment:
Macbook Pro Late 2016
OS X 11.4
Chrome Version 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)

The backend workflow is never activated because the backend api endpoint itself “applesignin” is throwing an error.

To test this, I removed all of the actions and simply logged a user in with known credentials. The action is never executed and I’m redirected to page selected for failures.

To minimize your objections, I’ve undone the above test. Below are the screenshots of each action and its settings:

Digging deeper, I’m looking at the network packets being sent to and from Apple and the API:
Authorize to Apple POSTs successfully:

A POST to endpoint “applesignin” then occurs:

A GET then occurs which doesn’t look right:

The GET request URL is https://app.mymedcard.app/version-test/?message=Cannot%20read%20property%20%27convert_to_bubble_instance%27%20of%20undefined

One Last Note:
The authentication is working on Apple’s side. The account is being authorized and saved by Apple:

Another Last Note
I also removed all actions to see if we could get the success redirect but that didn’t work either:

Hello, @jberry
Thank you for such a detailed response :pray:

Please allow me to mention that your settings seem to be correct. The initialization goes correctly and there are no issues, as we can see from this screenshot:

However, you can face the issue on this step:

The logic behind this action is that if the user does not yet have an account, he goes through the signup stage. Thus, please try to create another condition ( like “Search for the user: first item” ) here and let me know about the result.

Looking to hear you soon.
Best regards,

I have removed the condition totally, as well as the 2nd copy of the workflow (API workflow ‘applesignin and Isn’t live version’). The problem still occurs.

As mentioned above, the workflow never executes at all, so I needed to fix this eventually (thank you for catching it now) but that doesn’t solve the problem. I eagerly await your next response.

Hello, @jberry
I’m terribly sorry to hear that.

Due to the fact that we have some questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,

The account has been added as a collaborator and an email was also sent with the requested link. I await your response from your findings.

Hello, @jberry
Thanks for adding us as collaborators.

We have investigated your application and the issue was found. Your Redirect URLs were non identically. One link was with “/”, contrary to the second link.
it triggered an error and incorrect redirect.

Also, we have changed one state within your workflow:

Now, all is working properly. Please check it and let us know about the result. :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,

It appears to be working. Thank you for your support.

2 Likes

@jberry
Happy to hear that is working properly now :slightly_smiling_face:

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :smiley:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins :smiley:
Thanks! :pray: