Services Plugins FAQs

Slack integration

hi there,

Trying to implement the extended slack plugin, but can’t seem to figure out how to connect the two.

For now, I’d just like to display the slack channels/messages/etc, but not let users post messages.

Bubble can’t seem to find the messages, so I know I haven’t set it up properly. Any guidance?

Hello there,
we’d need some screenshots of your plugin settings, Bubble page settings,
also, did you create a Slack app and used the correct credentials?
Did you follow all the instructions of the plugin?
thanks
Levon

Hi there,

I have followed the instructions to the best of my ability… on the bubble plugin page, it said there was a link to a demo… but I was not able to find it. Is that still available?

This is all I’ve done, am I missing something?

please also paste screenshots of the workflows, do you have a button to login with slack? this has to be done prior to retrieving any messages
unfortunately we don’t have a demo for this plugin yet

Does every user need to log into slack?

I just want to have the messages and channels, read only.

-Tal

yes, this is the Oauth version, so it won’t work unless you authorize the user

When I follow these steps and try to authorize the user as explained in the other thread (e.g. button + workflow sign in via social) it takes me to the slack page - once i click authorize I get this error -

The service Extended Slack - Post Messages did not return an ID for this user. The user cannot be logged in. Please check your settings or reach out to the plugin author.

I’m afraid there is an issue with the plugin caused by some updates on the Bubble and Slack side. We tried to resolve this with Bubble but with to no avail.
see this post for more info

I’m trying to post a message in slack as a bot that has been setup and I receive the same error when trying to login with the plugin. Has there been any progress to fix this issue?

Never mind. I figured out how to use Slack’s API instead of the extension.

1 Like

Would you be able to share what you did? I’ve been trying to figure this out, and its driving me nuts haha. @arlenk

I used the slack documentation and bubbles API plugin. If you’d like I can post a tutorial in the morning as I’m not near my computer at the moment.

@arlenk if you could post a tutorial when you get some time - that will be super helpful - thanks!

The tutorial is a little lengthy but I hope it helps. Here’s a link to the google doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RqVW51orDnDIp8p79fh2GDLmGuAPcg16NrvwjhWhxIw/edit?usp=sharing

@michaelchang516 were you able to get it working?