Services Plugins FAQs

Sliding Menu URL input?

Hi. I am interested purchasing the Sliding Menu plugin but I am struggling to find where you input a page URL. I understand menu items are database entires but cannot see where the URL is inputted.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Craig

Hello @cmorrismcr,

There is no need to input any URL. You just need to add the SideSlidingMenu element to the page and specify the source of the Item Name and Icon Name from the DB.

In the database, the Name Item Menu has to be exactly as the name of the Icon from Google Fonts
After that, the plugin will display the icon, which name was specified in the DB.

Please let me know if you will have any other questions

Best Regards,
Alex

Looking at the demo I cannot see a page called email or sport etc. It is not at all clear (or documented) how this plugin links to menu actions. Is it only used for opening pages? I see where the option text and icon come from and there seems to be a default page of “email” but the demo doesn’t have an email page (it has an email group that appears to be what is being displayed).

Your plugin says go to the plugin page for documentation. It has no documentation beyond your standard “this is how our plugins work” - or is it hiding from me in plain sight somewhere?

Would be great if I could avoid building this and am happy to pay but it needs to be fit for purpose and not sure I want to pay $5 to work out how your plugin works.

Hi, @andrew.waites,
Thank you for reaching out, we highly appreciate your interest in our plugins. :pray:

The plugin is quite easy to use, all you need is to drop the plugin element on the page where you would like to display the sliding menu and specify the source of the Item Name and Icon Name from the DB.

Also, the demo page contains groups Email and the repeating group Gallery, which have conditionals set to be visible according to the menu option that is clicked, if you click on the option Email this will display Group Email.

If you click on Sport or other option, that will change the data source of the Gallery Repeating Group and will display other images from the database.

Our plugin’s demo page shows just one example of how you can use the Sliding Menu Plugin. You can reproduce the same setup on your side, add new conditionals or workflows and experiment yourself.

Hope the above will be useful to you. :slight_smile:
If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.
Best regards,

Hello, sorry if I’m going to ping the old topic, but I’m wondering too, whether the plugin is able to direct me to specific page rather than update conditional statement. My plan is to used slidable navigation as actual navigation, navigating between pages rather than updating conditional visibility states. Since menu names and icon are generated by database, is it possible to generate page link in the database for page navigation rather than having a single page with conditional visibility? Thank you!

Hello @evaldassedys

Thanks for reaching out.

The page navigation can be done using built-in Bubble and plugin events and states, You can either use the “When Sliding Menu Item Click” event or the “when the condition is true” event and have a condition Only when "The SlidingMenu Selected Menu is “particular page name” then use the “go to page” action and select the page needed.

In case you have any other questions, just let me know.

Regards,

Kirill