Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe Express account registration not working

Hi guys,

I’m using the Stripe Marketplace Express plugin to onboard my sellers onto Stripe. Here I’ve implemented the first action ‘Connect express/standard account’:

I fill in all the details successfully and then it takes me to my redirect URL as expected with the account code in the URL. However, the second action ‘Complete express/standard account connection’ doesn’t seem to be called at all (I put in a ‘Send email’ action to check if this workflow was being triggered and it wasn’t):

I’ve literally copied what you’ve done in your example so I can’t understand why it doesn’t work:

Thanks for your time.

@alexandru @nobun583 Hi guys, please can you offer any help here?

1 Like

Totally unrelated, but is there a way to get line breaks in messages between users?

I’ve never given it a go but it would be a bit annoying if it wasn’t possible.

Do I need to do anything with the ‘Stripe Marketplace Token’ in order to onboard Express sellers?

I’ve isolated the issue down to the ‘Complete express/standard account connection’ not working - I tried to retrieve its output but nothing worked. Any ideas?

Hi @raf-a,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, please make sure to use as per our demo here:

But it depends on your app user flow, whether or not you are refreshing the page at any point or go to other pages etc. The idea is that you simply need to click on a button to Connect a standard/express account, and then use on page load the second action to Complete the connection, and nothing in between, because if you refresh the page, especially, it is going to disrupt the connection and no account will get created under your Stripe dashboard.

Let me know how it goes!

Sorry @nobun583 but could you please relate a bit more on your request? What lines are you willing to see between messages? If you mean the forum feature, then you can use the three consecutive dashes - - - (without spaces) to have a break line.

Best,
Alex

Hi @alexandru,

I’ve followed the example but unfortunately, it didn’t work. Once I’m taken to my redirect URI from Stripe, I save the Seller ID to the database - I had to use ‘Get code from page URL’ instead of the result of the ‘Complete express/standard account connection’ as that action from the plugin wasn’t returning anything.

If I share my project with you can you take a look please?

Thanks,
Raf

Thanks @raf-a for feedback.

Yes, the Get code from page URL is the right way to implement it, but please do make changes to the Current User just like as per our demo example. You can simply copy the two steps: one for Connect and the second one On page load to Complete the connection.

And when you test your app, it is best to be logged in into your Bubble app with any user, then try to use the Stripe workflows as per our example.

Let me know how it goes!

Hi @alexandru,

I copied those 2 actions from the demo exactly the same and it still doesn’t work. :frowning:

After I’m redirected back to my redirect URI, I can’t see the Connected Account in my Stripe dashboard. Please can your team take a look if I share the project with them? I’ve ran out of options on how to fix this.

Best wishes,
Raf

Hi @raf-a,

Sure, we’ll have to take a look then.

Could you please add our support@zeroqode.com account to your Settings / Collaboration tab (ignore the warning message regarding plan, we are an agency and you can easily add us).

We’ll take a look into your workflow setups to see where the problem is, among with our developers.

Tell us your app name and page name where it occurs on test. We’ll investigate it inside your app then give a proper feedback asap. :pray: This will speed things up.

Best,

Hi @alexandru,

Thank you. I’ve just invited you now. The app is called Greenlink. I’ve set up the Connect Express button on the homepage (index) for your convenience. You’ll need to register with a dummy account for the button workflow to begin - takes 30 seconds and no email/phone confirmation is required.

Thanks again,
Raf

Hi @raf-a,

Thanks for sharing your app! We have checked on it and the workflows seem to be ok. We did not find any issues with app setups except for the plugin configurations. For the API Keys, we placed the Bearer keyboard in front of the key, as per our docs.

We do not have access to your Stripe dashboard, unfortunately, but everything should be all up and running. Could you please give it a try and let us know?

Please make sure to have all configurations as per our docs, just to know that everything has been configured properly because the workflows are correct!

Best,
Alex

Hi @alexandru,

Aaaah that was it indeed! Apologies for not checking that part properly. Works perfectly now :smiley:

Much appeciated,
Raf

1 Like

Thanks @raf-a for confirming!

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :smiley:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @alexandru,

I’ve hit a small bump. My Stripe Express seller accounts have become restricted after I enabled card payments. Stripe says identity documents need to be provided - can I do this through the Zeroqode plugin?

I’m trying to create a marketplace for freelance jobs where a customer makes a payment to the seller’s Stripe Express account and then the platform (me) holds the money until the job has been completed. Am I going about this the best way?

Much appreciated,
Raf