Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe Marketplace Connect: Subscriptions for sellers

I am in the process of using Bubble to build a proof of concept web app involving two types of users: curators and subscribers. Curators create collections of digital goods (songs, images, memes, etc.). By subscribing to a curator, a subscriber gets access to the curator’s collections.

I have already used the Stripe Marketplace Connect Plugin to:

• register curators as a seller in Stripe
  • register subscribers as a customer in Stripe
  • create a card for customer

Now I am trying to accomplish the following:
-create a subscription (or plan/subscription item?) for a seller according to the price they set during onboarding
-allow users to sign up for a seller’s subscription/plan/subscription item when they opt to do so

Obviously I am still a little unclear about the nomenclature or subscription vs. subscription item vs. plan, but hopefully the objectives above make sense within the context of what I’m building.

I appreciate any help or guidance on this!

Hello, @nathaniel
Thanks for reaching out.

Firstly, allow me to recommend you to use our Demo Page, where you can find a huge number of the actions for the plugin.
Please find below the screenshot of the “Create subscription action” and documentation for this:

In order to work smoothly with all these titles and nomenclature, allow me to recommend you the official documentation for the Stripe:

In case you will have any additional questions - please let me know.
Best regards,

Hi Ecaterina,

Thanks for the detailed response. After reviewing the plugin and stripe docs, this is my understanding:

In order to allow a user to subscribe to a curator’s plan, that curator needs to have a plan set up in Stripe. In order for that to happen the curator needs a product set up in Stripe (that the plan is associated with).

Is there any way to “create a product” using this or another plugin? I don’t see it documented, but curious if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

Hello, @nathaniel
Thanks for the additional question.

Indeed, this action is not included in the list of available actions for our plugin.However, you can create it, using the API connector.
To proceed with it, allow me to advise you of this documentation:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Best regards,