Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe marketplace create card token

I’m creating a marketplace were i’m using the marketplace stripe plug in. And I use the “Create card token” in my workflows and when that is done it is supposed to trigger a new event that is “when card token is created” that has alot of actions in it. The first event “Create card token” never seems to run and I dont know why

I get an error when trying “element Stripe Marketplace Token threw the following error: Error: Expected a string, but got a number” The input fields for adding a card is just integers.

Anyone had this issue or know how to solve it? Thanks

Hi @anders.lund,
Thank you for reaching out.

The error you are receiving points to the content types of the inputs that you are using.
Especially please check the Card Number input (that should be text type) as well as the Card Holder Name input - text.

I would also recommend you check out the demo editor page and replicate the setup: https://bubble.io/page?version=live&id=zeroqode-demo-19&name=stripe_extendend_demo&tab=tabs-2

Please try my suggestion, and let me know if they helped. :pray:
In case I can help you with any additional information - let me know.
Best regards,

Okey, nice

This worked for the credit card so it is working now

But when the user both is connected to stripe and has registered a credit card and I then try to “pay” I got this error

I’m following lachlankirkwood’s tutorial on your plugin btw

When I connect a user to stripe through my app I cant see the account that was created in the Stripe dashboard afterwards…

Do a “buyer” have to registrer a Stripe account to be able to make a purchase?

Hi @anders.lund,
Thank you for your reply.

Would it be convenient for your to share the workflow you are trying to implement within your app?

No, you don’t need to create a new Stripe account for each customer, the Customer ID is linked automatically to the seller account with the card ID if you use the following setup:

Summary

1. Seller charge a customer

This action call gives the option for stripe accounts connected to your platform to charge customers while you as the platform owner will receive a fee from that transaction. The source for this action call needs to be the resulted ID from the Link a customer to seller call.

2. Link a customer to a seller

As described above this action call is used when a connected custom account needs to charge a customer. If the customer doesn’t have a card source you should add one first and then use its ID in this action call. Also, this call gives the option for customers to use a card from their list of saved cards. To retrieve the list of a customer’s cards use the Retrieve a customer action call.

For references, please use our plugin Demo Editor page (namely the related workflows as guidance) and see if within your app you’ve implemented the same.

Hope it helps. :slight_smile:
Please let me know if I can help with anything else related to the Stripe Marketplace Express Plugin.
Regards,

1 Like

This is the flow, when a user click on the “pay” button

I have both the “seller charge a customer” and the “Link a customer to a seller” but in the opposite way

Thank you for all the help btw :smiley: really helpful to get some guidence on this

Hi @anders.lund,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

Have you figured out how to solve the above issue?
If not, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your setup and compare it with our plugin’s demo page.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

@anders.lund Did the support team manage to help you as i am having the exact same issue and I am following the same tutorial of lachlankirkwood’s with the same workflows?

Be interested to know if it got resolved and how?

/Ac

I have not gotten around to try the latest reply yet, but I did manage to add a credit card and complete a payment with a split, but as of now the user paying also have to connect to stripe wich is something I want to avoid

How far are you in the process?

Have not gotten around to try it yet, I’ll let you know when i do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have managed to follow the tutorial so that the users card details and Customer ID are saved in the stripe connect account (part 1). I have set up the payment part etc…But when I try to actually process the payment from the customer to the seller it fails and I get similar errors to what you had displayed.

Not sure what I was doing wrong so thought I would check to see if you had any luck. Does it actually work, or perhaps I am wasting my time on the plugin.

It should work as far as I know, mine is working atm but I just have to make it so that the payer does not need to connect to Stripe.

Bubble has a stripe plugin to but that one is more tricky to use if you want to have a payment split, at least that is my experience from it. But for simple payment the bubble plugin is very easy to use

I did get it to work now, my issue was that I had the wrong dynamic data in the Stripe Account (Header) part under “Seller charge a customer” and also the Stripe Account (Header) under “Link a customer to a seller”

But the plug in works, yes, let me know if you need any help

Thanks @anders.lund I also managed to get it up and running last night and with test payments going through. Looks like it it working well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually got an new error message, do you know what this means or how to fix it, seems correct to me.

This is the error message when I try to make a payment

This is the workflow that the error complains about

Hi @anders.lund,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

It looks like the API key does not have access to the seller’s account or the seller’s account does not exist. Please check once again the expression for (header) Stripe-Account (seller-id).

Otherwise, please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your setup and compare it with our plugin’s demo page .

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,